What does your car say about you?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My current main car is a 16 year old Mini Cooper S.

This would suggest I'm a fairly poor young, short, female student or perhaps a little old lady pensioner, or even a tiny male hairdresser.

In stark contrast I'm actually a 6'4", 15st family man, fairly comfortable income-wise - I simply enjoy driving engaging cars.

I get the strangest looks when getting in and out of my car :cry:

Do you fit the typical image for your vehicle?

Soldato
I’ve got a Smart Fortwo which would suggest I’ve no young family and am conscious about fuel economy over a bigger car with better performance. I’m actually male 5 foot 9.5 inches tall and 10.61 stone with no family.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Evoque - It was a good lease deal when my previous Golf died and I needed to fill a gap. It goes back soon. It's OK. Nice on a long journey or in poor weather. But it doesn't "move" my soul. I doubt I'd lease again and I doubt I'd buy something like this. Black with black wheels and black interior. Murdered out :) But that's just because it was the cheapest option on the lease.

Mini Cooper - Love this car. I got it this year mainly for my wife and daughter but I love the thing. It was this, a Fiesta or a Polo. I couldn't get excited about the other two but as soon as we drove the Mini we knew it was right. It will probably become the main car when the Evoque goes back. Light grey with white roof. It's like driving a fun puppy dog.

27 year old VW Corrado VR6 - This one moves my soul. It's my car, not anyone elses. It's now also the car I've owned the longest (10 years). But I rarely drive it nowadays. Grey with BBS split rims, low and loud.

Triumph Bonneville T120 - OK this isn't a car. But it's fantastic fun. Mid life crisis? Perhaps. Or maybe just me finally doing what I want to do. Black with lots of chrome.

Last edited:
Associate
Toyota Avensis estate - I wanted a reliable machine and I don't care about cars or driving at all.

In reality, I love cars and was trying to be sensible and regret my decision. Once the finance is paid I'll be getting something else.

Soldato
Toyota Avensis estate - I wanted a reliable machine and I don't care about cars or driving at all.

In reality, I love cars and was trying to be sensible and regret my decision. Once the finance is paid I'll be getting something else.

Hello fellow taxi driver :p

and yes, I agree with your sentiment, my Octavia is a fantastic car, but it is just so utterly bland and boring :(

Soldato
Mine would suggest i carry GHD's in my glovebox, know the difference between balayage and ombre and can make mindless conversation such as "Going anywhere nice for your holidays?".

In reality i couldn't give a monkey's about your holiday ;)

Back
Top Bottom