Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I like AutoGlym Polar Blast as it comes in a 2.5L bottle and you only need to use 100ml of it to every 500ml of water. My foaming bottle only holds 400ml so I put in 300ml of water and 60ml of product.

At this rate the 2.5L will last ages, the BH auto foam is 5L but I believe you have to use more of it which evens things out.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I changed to the Nilfisk snow foam lance and got to use it today,. Very impressed for the price. Better performance than the Autobrite metal pro ones that are often rebranded by others too and cheaper/smaller.

This is NOT the same one you get with Nilfisk washers. Those bundled ones are toilet.

snowfoam_nilfisk.gif

Polar Blast here too. I don't calculate anything, that's just additional faff. I smash stuff in and if it works I stick with that method.

Soldato
Polar Blast here too. I don't calculate anything, that's just additional faff. I smash stuff in and if it works I stick with that method.

I had to use a small measuring jug to get the suggested dilution amount and also funnels to help me pour it in to my foaming bottle. It didn’t get nearly as foamed up as yours did but still did a good job...

EvFqfLj.jpg

Soldato
What lance? The lance makes a huge difference. I'd never be able to get that thick a foam on the Autobrite!

It’s a Worx Hydroshot which is a portable pressure washer which can take its water supply from a bucket. There’s an attachment you can fit on the end with a soap bottle. I don’t have access to water so this is a god send.

Still without all that foam it did a good job.

Soldato
What lance? The lance makes a huge difference. I'd never be able to get that thick a foam on the Autobrite!
Interesting, I have a cheaper 'copy' (Pro Kleen) and that would get Polar Blast so thick you'd start to worry if it'd still be sat on the ground by the next weekend :p

Soldato
Always heard good things about Bilt Hamber Auto Foam and it’s cleaning power although once I realised how much product it went through at 4% (PIR) as directed I decided to go for Magifoam.

I simply add 1/2 Inch of Magifoam and it produces extremely thick foam and seems to do a pretty good job at dissolving stubborn dirt, bugs and general traffic film, now whilst foam thickness is irrelevant to cleaning power I mainly went for this product since it is extremely thick foam which gives me time (Weather dependent) to work on the wheels whilst it dwells and by the time all four are done it’s ready to rinse off.

Associate

you can also change the orifice inside the lance, which is suggested below a certain pressure (think most domestic pressure washers such as Nilfisk/Karcher fall into this) to increase the pressure/foaming ability.

I use a MTM PF22.2 and changed from a 1.2mm orifice to 1.1mm.

Associate

I have an autobrite Lance and with 100ml polar blast to 500ml water it gives thick shaving foam consistency if I want it to.. I dial it back otherwise it sits on the drive for far too long.

Not actually overly impressed with polar blast for cleaning ability, looking forward to getting it finished off and going back to bilt hamber.

Soldato
It’s a Worx Hydroshot which is a portable pressure washer which can take its water supply from a bucket. There’s an attachment you can fit on the end with a soap bottle. I don’t have access to water so this is a god send.

Still without all that foam it did a good job.
The attachment it comes with is likely a detergent dispenser, not a foam lance.

Soldato
The attachment it comes with is likely a detergent dispenser, not a foam lance.

Yeah I fill the detergent dispenser with 60ml of Polar Blast and 300ml of water, then fire it out of cannon that the dispenser bottle is fixed to which sprays the car with the formulation.

I guess this isn’t as powerful as a proper foam lance but it’s better than nothing as I have to park in an underground car park with no power or water.

Soldato
Yeah I fill the detergent dispenser with 60ml of Polar Blast and 300ml of water, then fire it out of cannon that the dispenser bottle is fixed to which sprays the car with the formulation.

I guess this isn’t as powerful as a proper foam lance but it’s better than nothing as I have to park in an underground car park with no power or water.
The jet wash might be fine but you'll never get foam out of the detergent dispenser. Get yourself a proper lance if it fits your Worx.

Associate
50805844213_57841fefbf_c.jpg

I bought the Blo pictured above and it's incredible how much water you can shift from a car that would normally remain unseen!

Most of the time now I tend to do a quick 2 min walk around the car to remove most of the water and finish off with a dedicated trying towel.

Soldato
I’m hoping I’ll be able to pre wash the car and rinse it down with the Hydroshot, then dry it off with the leaf blower all off the one charge.

If not a second battery will be necessary, I’m going to see how it goes first.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Been a busy week for the cleaning kit.

Upol panel wipe for removing polishing oils before waxing
Flex 40mm spot pads (violet and orange)
BH medium clay

Koch Chemie Fse quick detailer (mainly for it's ability to remove water spots)
2x Tolco spray triggers + 947ml bottle
IK HC hydrocarbon resistant spray bottle for the upol panel wipe
5x more microfibres
Cheap set of soft brushes that I can abuse instead of the expensive detail factory ones.

Also got me some rupes spot pads and the 75mm Rupes backing plate and some pads to try and fit on the makita. (with a small tweak)

It's probably going to be a bit of handful on the big makita polisher but it will work. I gave up trying to find the genuine 100mm makita plate as it's only available in Europe and costs silly money. Plus 4" pads are not as common as 3".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom