Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
It was always rumoured that the Tensor chip will sit between the 865 and 888, but even then those Geekbench scores seems very low. I suppose that does kill the weird "leak" that the 2 performance cores are X1, definitely makes more sense to be A78s. But even then, I don't really trust Geekbench as a fair benchmark.

EDIT: There's a second test which looks more realistic, but oddly with a different core configuration (2+2+4 vs 1+3+4) and mentions Qualcomm: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=Google+Pixel+6+Pro

EDIT: Both proven fake: https://twitter.com/SkylledDev/status/1436795467996622852

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
It's just amazing that everything apart from release date and price has been leaked so at this point, I don't think even Google knows which is how they managing to keep those two a secret :D

I'm just itching to upgrade as starting to seriously dislike the Xperia 5 II I recently got so it's a toss up between this and S21 Ultra.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Maybe this will be the year I get a Pixel? Maybe if Google for once offer a 512GB option... And of course if there is a model that is S20 sized.

Soldato
That's actually a good point, previous Google phones, pretty much every detail was leaked a good few months ahead, but I'm surprised we still don't know much about the finer details of it.

Tensor leaks especially has been very tight lipped, meanwhile next gen Snapdragon and Exynos details are already floating around.

Soldato
It's just amazing that everything apart from release date and price has been leaked so at this point, I don't think even Google knows which is how they managing to keep those two a secret :D

I'm just itching to upgrade as starting to seriously dislike the Xperia 5 II I recently got so it's a toss up between this and S21 Ultra.

What's up with the Xperia?

Soldato
What's up with the Xperia?

I could make a list of at least half a dozen minor daily annoyances and bugs but the camera, which is a big deal for me isn't all that really, even in Pro mode.

Just as an icing on the cake, switched providers today so put a new SIM in, asked for a restart and after it reset my entire homescreen so now need to remember where the hell every icon was. Don't know if that's yet another bug or a "feature" :D

Soldato
I could make a list of at least half a dozen minor daily annoyances and bugs but the camera, which is a big deal for me isn't all that really, even in Pro mode.

Just as an icing on the cake, switched providers today so put a new SIM in, asked for a restart and after it reset my entire homescreen so now need to remember where the hell every icon was. Don't know if that's yet another bug or a "feature" :D

Ha fair enough. Sony really have nothing that appeals to me. I'm surprised they're still around.

Come on Pixel. Do not disappoint!

Soldato
I am gutted I missed out on the Pixel 5 - I still had 12 months left to go on my Pixel 3 XL contract and specs wise it wasn't much of a bump, but I am tired of large phones. The Pixel 5 was the perfect size.

I really want a Pixel 6 but the only phone close to the size I want now is the iPhone Mini - I really don't want to move to iOS but I really do appreciate the one hand usage the Mini offers

Associate
I am gutted I missed out on the Pixel 5 - I still had 12 months left to go on my Pixel 3 XL contract and specs wise it wasn't much of a bump, but I am tired of large phones. The Pixel 5 was the perfect size.

I really want a Pixel 6 but the only phone close to the size I want now is the iPhone Mini - I really don't want to move to iOS but I really do appreciate the one hand usage the Mini offers

New ones still available in the grey market, you could go SIM only?

Back
Top Bottom