Official Home Gym Building Thread

Associate
How do people rate the Mirafit M1? The M3 seems rather overkill for me, but I'm putting in a gym at our new house. I've got a bench and bar/plates, and want somewhere for squatting/pressing. I'm squatting 110KGs atm.
I really didn't rate it at all. I have also had a mirafit M2 and imo it was very flimsy.
M3 is one of the best racks I have ever used, so I would 100% go for that if it is within budget. The M1/M2 are flimsy in comparison.

Caporegime
Oh really, ok. That is unfortunate, but I can probably go the extra £100. Just noticed no horizontal bar at the bottom on the M3 either so perhaps easier for benching.

Associate
Oh really, ok. That is unfortunate, but I can probably go the extra £100. Just noticed no horizontal bar at the bottom on the M3 either so perhaps easier for benching.
Bolt the M3 down and it will be rock solid. If you don't bolt it down you will need the rear stabiliser bar. It is 100% better for benching. The J hooks are UHMW lined so will stop damage to your barbell from racking. It also has westside spacing in the bench area, and it's just so much more heavy duty. It is better than many commercial gym racks I have used.

Associate
@platypus

As others have said M3 is a great rack, i cant astest to the M1 or 2 but the M3 is abeast, they didn’t have the rear stabiliser bar in stock but as recommended from someone on here i bought theM3 fat pull up bar instead and put it at the bottom at the rear, and my M3 is not bolted, yesterday i was doing upside down sit-ups off the top bar and it didn’t even flinch
29Wr1I4.jpg

Caporegime
That looks sweet as, jealous of your dumbbell setup :p. I automatically just thought I'd bolt mine to the floor, but perhaps thats just going to end up being inconvenient. Not that I'll rearrange the gym often.

Associate
That looks sweet as, jealous of your dumbbell setup :p. I automatically just thought I'd bolt mine to the floor, but perhaps thats just going to end up being inconvenient. Not that I'll rearrange the gym often.
Ha ha thanks yeah the dumbbells took a couple of years to collect, but worth it,
This is the other side of the gym for the old fighter in me :)
I bought the m3 fully expecting to bolt it down, but its pretty static with all the stuff on, the sleeves on the spotters (i don’t use them so put them at the bottom) are solid metal as well as the spotter pins so help weight it all down, its def a beast
if3B5p4.jpg

Associate
Soldato
Just a quick counterpoint in favour of the M2, I have the M210 half rack and although I can't compare it to the M3 it feels really stable and sturdy to me

I have to say the same, although I do have the attached weight storage which adds loads more stability. Mine is bolted down and I would have complete faith in it managing any weight I'll be lifting in my lifetime.

Big changes for me; replaced all my bumpers with steel plates as I was running out of bar space on deadlifts. Also picking up a Bulldog 2.0 Bench tomorrow, I can't wait :eek:

Soldato
I have the weight storage add on as well and I agree it helps, not bolted to the floor at the moment but meaning to do that at some point. The rack is solid for me not a wobble at all even when doing pullups on the bar

Soldato
If anybody like me is still waiting on the Mirafit M3 plate loaded cable pulldown, just spotted and ordered one that's very similar (actually a little more compact even) on Primal Strength :D Really looking forward to it showing up

Associate
I have to say the same, although I do have the attached weight storage which adds loads more stability. Mine is bolted down and I would have complete faith in it managing any weight I'll be lifting in my lifetime.

Big changes for me; replaced all my bumpers with steel plates as I was running out of bar space on deadlifts. Also picking up a Bulldog 2.0 Bench tomorrow, I can't wait :eek:
It wasn't the stability for me. The metal frame is too thin and would bend, the spotter arms were finicky to put on. You cannot incline press in the rack without lifting the back of the bench over the back floor bar of the rack due to it's design, if you are using storage poles you cannot flat bench in the rack without hitting the plates on the storage poles.

Soldato
If anybody like me is still waiting on the Mirafit M3 plate loaded cable pulldown, just spotted and ordered one that's very similar (actually a little more compact even) on Primal Strength :D Really looking forward to it showing up

Link please? It might be the one that's too tall for my ceiling

Soldato
Soldato
It wasn't the stability for me. The metal frame is too thin and would bend, the spotter arms were finicky to put on. You cannot incline press in the rack without lifting the back of the bench over the back floor bar of the rack due to it's design, if you are using storage poles you cannot flat bench in the rack without hitting the plates on the storage poles.

Are we thinking of the same rack? The spotters on mine are really easy to put in, as easy as the j hooks. Perhaps you are a lot beefier than me, but I've had 250kg on the rack and absolutely zero bending/flexing also

E; I have the M210, not the M2

Soldato
Yeah confused about the above - I'm sure the M3 is even thicker/stronger but I have no concerns about the M2 in that regard.

As to incline pressing and hitting the storage poles that's not something I've noticed at all? (Maybe the full M2 rack would have a problem with this but the M210 half rack is okay because the crossbar at the back is further away from the uprights? And the storage uprights are also set back from the main uprights so store plates are out of the way)

Back
Top Bottom