Sir Clive Sinclair has died.

Associate
Missed opportunity.
True. He missed a great time to make a comeback but there's still Alan Sugar and the original founders of Acorn.
They would have been huge if Chris Curry and Clive Sinclair put their differences aside.
Just think, the Slinclair smartphone, tablet or PC.

I've even got one of those reproduced bluetooth Spectrum keyboards.

Soldato
Amstrad computer never had the q-dos of the zx80 - is the pi it's first worthy successor ?
I'd forgotten there was a zx81 & thought the 80 was a reference to its famous processor.
guru-murphy pronounced is 'zee-x 80 ' channel 4 need to do some research.

Soldato
I'm totally gutted by this news, I've been a Sinclair fanboy all my life, and run a forum for the QL.

Total legend, so many inventions that won't get mentioned, his early mobile phone network, the diving aides and the first uk satellite box etc. The speccy will always be my fave, but the Z88 was I think his best all round computer. Not to mention the QL, first home computer with multi tasking and an office suite. Also a certain Linus Torvalds cut his teeth on one.

I've been on one of my speccies tonight and had a glass of my very best whiskey. RIP Sir Clive, you changed our lives.

Soldato
Amstrad computer never had the q-dos of the zx80 - is the pi it's first worthy successor ?
I'd forgotten there was a zx81 & thought the 80 was a reference to its famous processor.
guru-murphy pronounced is 'zee-x 80 ' channel 4 need to do some research.

Well the naming of the Pi Models A and B is a direct reference to the BBC Model A and B.

Soldato
I was never a Speccy owner. But my cousins had the different Spectrums. Some great games.

I remember Tomorrow's World having a segment on the C5. It was supposed to be the next big thing.

His idea came decades to earlier. Soon we'll all be in vehicle-like C5.

Associate
Anybody got Marvin on their smartphone, \acess to PC based Zx81 and sinclairspectrum emulators?
By the way, I can be found on Youtube under the name of COSMIC WARTOAD (anybody remember that game? I didn't have a clue as to what I was supposed to be doing in the minigames, only last five minutes on GREEN BERET and din't have a clue as to what i was meant to do in the second half of Se-Kaa of Assiah)

Man of Honour
RIP Mr Sinclair and thank you for all the gaming memories. I wonder if we would have all the gaming that we have today had it not been for the Spectrum.

Man of Honour
I was never a Speccy owner. But my cousins had the different Spectrums. Some great games.

I remember Tomorrow's World having a segment on the C5. It was supposed to be the next big thing.

His idea came decades to earlier. Soon we'll all be in vehicle-like C5.

Early 90s I remember the science museum in London had an exhibition of all kinds of futuristic looking electric vehicles from C5 sized stuff through to 4 seaters - nothing seems to have come of any of them.

Back
Top Bottom