Random Famous People You Met

Associate
One famous at a time... Even better if some story to it...

I met Paddy Ashdown (Lib Dem leader at the time) in Laura Ashley Oxford Street many years ago...

I was with a girlfriend at time who loved Laura Ashley and both Paddy and I were clearly bored as can be and sitting on the sofas at back of the store while our women shopped. A brief nod of understanding was exchanged. That was it

Next?

Soldato
Chris kamara (ex footballer ) in Vegas. Had booked a trip out to the grand canyon and were picked up by a coach to take us to an airfield. Next people on was Chris and his wife.

Think he actually enjoyed seeing us. Was me and 6 friends all 22 and when he came on we all shouted "Kammy! Etc and he came to the back of the coach to sit with us and we talked football.

Associate
I tripped over Zoe Ball at a V festival. She wasn't very happy, but she was sat on the floor, and I was trying to get to see PJ Harvey.

Soldato
Met loads of famous musicians back in the day through 'work', far too many to mention. Met Lenny Henry in Euston station whilst waiting for coffee, had a long chat about Tiswas and he paid for my coffee too. Top fella. Sir Stanley Matthews was a close friend of my Grandad, so met him more than a few times. Top of the list though is meeting both Neil Armstong and Chuck Yeager (albeit very briefly) at Oshkosh.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Worked for Jack Straw so knew him pretty well. Met Tony Blair, Malcolm Rifkind, and to my great surprise, Vladimir Putin.

Was amazed how small he was. I’m only five and half foot and look up to most blokes, but I was on eye level with him.

Associate
OP
I met Dame Tanni Grey Thompson at work.... Lovely lady and was willing to have a selfie...

I've met loads of politicians but that comes with my job... Ministers... I did get offered Tony Blair and passed (cos I wasnt a fan at that time).

Back
Top Bottom