petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Caporegime
Some how we also aligned that immigrants should get paid less by the usual forum racist and Scania has said he is leaving trucking entirely if he can (thanks for making the HGV driver shortage worse Scania :rolleyes:)
What? - If you read my comment again, I said once my fiscal situation improves, don't fret dear, I'll be trucking for a bloody long time yet...

And I sincerely hope your not putting me in the category of "forum racist"? - I've stated eastern european labour has kept wages in my industry stagnant for over a decade, which it has, does that statement of fact make me racist??? Besides, the immigrant labour in my game are paid the same rate as I am. :confused:

Soldato
Thing that always amuses me, much like the toilet roll shortages, anyone you talk to will bemoan the stupid panic buyers - whether they've had to go and buy the stuff themselves or not. You rarely find anyone who says 'yeah I went to top up, I was afraid i'd run out'... so who are all the people queuing up and why do you never hear from them all? :p

Soldato
Some of news reckons 1 in 100 petrol stations empty - must be very localised as if I felt need to top up anywhere near here in Essex I don't think I'd manage even local village stations where I live are empty

Soldato
It's not really his problem

But he is part of the problem that we collectively face as a society. The whole "I've got mine so to hell with everyone else" is a truly selfish way to live in a civilised society when we should be looking out for each other.

I'm hardly surprised by your attitude though as it's endemic through the modern day

Soldato
But he is part of the problem that we collectively face as a society. The whole "I've got mine so to hell with everyone else" is a truly selfish way to live in a civilised society when we should be looking out for each other.

I'm hardly surprised by your attitude though as it's endemic through the modern day
Apart from plain greed and selfishness, some of this comes from thinking that if you can't get to work or get the food shopping, no one is going to help you out.
It is sad that society hasn't genuinely improved in this way.

Soldato
What? - If you read my comment again, I said once my fiscal situation improves, don't fret dear, I'll be trucking for a bloody long time yet...

And I sincerely hope your not putting me in the category of "forum racist"? - I've stated eastern european labour has kept wages in my industry stagnant for over a decade, which it has, does that statement of fact make me racist??? Besides, the immigrant labour in my game are paid the same rate as I am. :confused:
The subtlety of that joke must have missed you. And no to the second half.

Soldato
Did your M&S still have food - the waitrose (cycled there) cereal section this morning was half full, so empty handed, part of the new normal.

maybe Facebook/social media should be held responsible for the car fuel panic;
bbc put petrol on the bonfire - with an outside broacast from garage, employing marshals.

Brexit the source of all evils ?, but, the link with gas prices is a bit tenuous, yes.
No, the poor girl that was murdered.

Soldato
Managed to fill the C63 up today, reserve light was on. Had to queue for around 10 mins at the Shell garage, Vpower hadn't sold out. Did go past a few Esso garages that were shut and had the entrances coned off.

Crazy.

Man of Honour
Most of the fuel stations I passed today had signs that they were out of fuel - one seemed open but few cars so probably out as well.

Thing that always amuses me, much like the toilet roll shortages, anyone you talk to will bemoan the stupid panic buyers - whether they've had to go and buy the stuff themselves or not. You rarely find anyone who says 'yeah I went to top up, I was afraid i'd run out'... so who are all the people queuing up and why do you never hear from them all? :p

Talking to my colleagues one of the problems is they run with bare minimum of fuel so when something like this happens they are screwed if they don't fill up as well. I'm surprised how many stated they rarely have more than a quarter tank normally.

Personally I'm rarely below half a tank.

Caporegime
Most of the fuel stations I passed today had signs that they were out of fuel - one seemed open but few cars so probably out as well.

Talking to my colleagues one of the problems is they run with bare minimum of fuel so when something like this happens they are screwed if they don't fill up as well. I'm surprised how many stated they rarely have more than a quarter tank normally.

Personally I'm rarely below half a tank.
Same, I usually fill up once I’m around half a tank especially if I’m in town which is generally 2-3p per litre cheaper than locally.

Soldato
Only 1 in 100 completely out according to some press must be areas with no issues at all ?

Most of the press stuff is on a delay. They rely on companies to tell them who themselves are caught unware on the run.

No way only 1 in 100 were out of fuel in London yesterday or by the end of today. I'd say the vast majority will be dry of diesel or 95 unleaded.

Driving through some other towns yesterday, they were no different.

Same, I usually fill up once I’m around half a tank especially if I’m in town which is generally 2-3p per litre cheaper than locally.

Why at half a tank though. I always fill up to 100% and let it go down to reserves. Otherwise I'd be filling up every week and that time would add up.

Associate
Blimmin idiots... Wanted to go food shopping at Tesco a couple of hours ago.. But no, chaos as people queued to get fuel blocking up the entrance.. So turned around and went elsewhere..

I've got enough fuel to last till about Thursday, hopefully things will have calmed down by then.

Caporegime
Took a trip around my local area earlier, most garages I passed had no fuel whatsoever.

As I very much doubt the vast majority of panic buyers will empty their tanks in the next few days, the situation should correct itself, so long as the media stops peddling the lie about shortages due to garages not getting deliveries, it happens every week for various reasons (nothing to do with brexit / covid / Jesus) mainly down to the simple fact tanker drivers are specially trained and if a few are off through to holidays or illness then there isn't a replacement agancy driver on call to cover the gap.
For some reason, this time it got reported as an issue when it simply wasn't.
A few of my tanker driver friends are quite happy with the unexpected - and very highly paid - overtime....

Back
Top Bottom