The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

And

And

Associate
ProGrade have announced CFe-A cards, $330 for 160Gb (as opposed to $398 for Sony's 160Gb card). Maybe they'll hit £300 over here.

Caporegime
ProGrade have announced CFe-A cards, $330 for 160Gb (as opposed to $398 for Sony's 160Gb card). Maybe they'll hit £300 over here.

I was disappointed when I saw their prices last week. Was hoping to closer to half Sony price :(

I actually managed to get my sony card for £300 at the time the camera was launched.

Soldato
I'm guessing there is no chance of Sony themselves or someone else releasing a firmware or hack to record gyro data from the A7III.

Gyro stabilisation (in Catalyst browse) is a massive game changer in video for me (currently use in RealsteadyGo for the gopro). Seems the A7III is the last camera not to have it. The A7C and A7SIII both have it.

Soldato
Caporegime
Looks like we're about to see the A7IV announced :D.

Had a mini scare with my A7III on holiday. Noticed some weird marks on some photos that initially seemed like dirt inside the lens. It's in fact on the sensor, fortunately my rocket air blower thing got most of it off but need to clean/wipe to finish the job - cleaning kit on its way.

Soldato
Looks like we're about to see the A7IV announced :D.

Had a mini scare with my A7III on holiday. Noticed some weird marks on some photos that initially seemed like dirt inside the lens. It's in fact on the sensor, fortunately my rocket air blower thing got most of it off but need to clean/wipe to finish the job - cleaning kit on its way.
Rumoured spec leaks appeared a few weeks ago.

• launch on October 21 (if chip supply permits this)
  • Newly developed 33MP sensor
  • 15 stops of DR
  • 3.69m dot EVF and LCD is improved too (1.44m dot???)
  • 4k30 video is oversampled from 7K
  • 4k 60p will be oversampled from 4.8k s35 mode and 10bit 4:2:2
  • 4k streaming (and FHD 60p streaming)
  • 5.5 stops of IBIS (+ AS)
  • Same A7sIII body design and same heatsink system.
  • Full size HDMi
  • Fully articulating LCD screen
  • Improved touchscreen functions
  • UHS-II SD-cards and CF Xpress cards
  • Same new Sony menu system of the A7sIII
  • I am still not sure about this but price might be around $2,499 or a bit more???

Caporegime
Rumoured spec leaks appeared a few weeks ago.

• launch on October 21 (if chip supply permits this)
  • Newly developed 33MP sensor
  • 15 stops of DR
  • 3.69m dot EVF and LCD is improved too (1.44m dot???)
  • 4k30 video is oversampled from 7K
  • 4k 60p will be oversampled from 4.8k s35 mode and 10bit 4:2:2
  • 4k streaming (and FHD 60p streaming)
  • 5.5 stops of IBIS (+ AS)
  • Same A7sIII body design and same heatsink system.
  • Full size HDMi
  • Fully articulating LCD screen
  • Improved touchscreen functions
  • UHS-II SD-cards and CF Xpress cards
  • Same new Sony menu system of the A7sIII
  • I am still not sure about this but price might be around $2,499 or a bit more???
You missed the silent shutter :D LOL! Sony shows the A7IV specs inside the Youtube teaser keywords, here they are... - sonyalpharumors

• Eye AF, Animal Eye AF, AF, Eye AF movies
  • field camera, pro camera
  • silent shutter
  • FTP
  • 4K60p
  • Eye AF birds
  • 10fps
  • 33MP
  • BIONZ XR
  • 10-bit 4:2:2 HLG
  • All-I XAVC S-I
  • S-Cinetone
  • S-log3
  • S&Q dial
  • vari-angle LCD
  • gimbal
  • 5GHz Wi-Fi
  • USB 10Gbps live streaming
  • Creative Look
  • 15+ stops dynamic range

Looks like the A7IV may be the best "specification sweet spot" of any camera released so far in the Sony lineup. The vari-angle LCD screen is LONG overdue.

I am also very curious to see if the newly developed sensor has a true "silent shutter", a la A9, or if it the same gimped kind of silent shutter we had on the A3/A7RIII/A7rIV.

Soldato
So it's getting bigger and heavier every year.

Remember the size of the original A7. I loved that form factor, but many who were more than 'enthusiasts' moaned that it was too small.

I wonder if they are going to allow it to output gyro data. They crippled that on the A7III but included it in the A7C.

Caporegime
Don't think I regret my A7iii purchase as I imagine the IV will be at least £2k, more likely nearer £2.5k which is almost double what mine cost (second hand).

Soldato
You missed the silent shutter :D LOL! Sony shows the A7IV specs inside the Youtube teaser keywords, here they are... - sonyalpharumors

Looks like the A7IV may be the best "specification sweet spot" of any camera released so far in the Sony lineup. The vari-angle LCD screen is LONG overdue.

I am also very curious to see if the newly developed sensor has a true "silent shutter", a la A9, or if it the same gimped kind of silent shutter we had on the A3/A7RIII/A7rIV.
Looks lovely

Back
Top Bottom