Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd October 2021]

Don
Everton well worth the point today. Had DCL and or Richarlison been fit they'd have fancied themselves to win - they were much the better side in the first half and although Utd were better in the 2nd half, they were able to restrict Utd to very few chances.

I know a lot of Evertonians were underwhelmed by their signings but Gray (in particular) and Townsend are proving to be bargains.
Up the Ev.
Is Rafa getting close to winning you over yet?

Soldato
Sigh....Ole out?

He got -1 for playing Fred, but +10 from me for finally realising he's a liability after that ****house attempt of a challenge on the halfway line. He's an abomination of a player in those crucial moments and the rest of the time just pads his stats with nothing short passes.

Caporegime
Not good enough. Didn't really build on the first half at all. I think we should have kept Cavani on for his pressing. On the bright side Sancho did very well apart from that miscue.

Soldato
I mean , I pretty sure as a manager you're thinking your 70m signing isn't going to fluff a last minute chance.

Or that your combative midfielder doesn't lose a 50/50 on the half way line which leads to an Everton goal.
Or, you know, you buy a better combative midfielder rather than a wholly unnecessary 70m winger?

Caporegime
Fred was actually mostly good today, it was McT that offered nothing. We just desperately need a better midfield. Can have all the attackers in the world but if we can't get it to them it means nothing.

Soldato
Fred was actually mostly good today, it was McT that offered nothing. We just desperately need a better midfield. Can have all the attackers in the world but if we can't get it to them it means nothing.
This is it - Sancho is / could be an excellent player, but the gap between him and Rashford, Greenwood etc is relatively slim. The gap between a £70m midfielder and your current midfielders is huge.

Caporegime
This is it - Sancho is / could be an excellent player, but the gap between him and Rashford, Greenwood etc is relatively slim. The gap between a £70m midfielder and your current midfielders is huge.

In the end we have needed another wide player for a while. James wasn't good enough and you can't go into a season with just Rashford (who was injured) and Greenwood.

Nobody seems to have a problem with City having 3 top players in every position but as soon as dare to have an option on our bench.

Caporegime
In the end we have needed another wide player for a while. James wasn't good enough and you can't go into a season with just Rashford (who was injured) and Greenwood.

Nobody seems to have a problem with City having 3 top players in every position but as soon as dare to have an option on our bench.

The problem was money isn't infinite and by buying Sancho we couldn't afford a replacement for Fred.

Soldato

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't have options. My point is that if I was a United fan and we could have bought a £70m winger or a £70m midfielder last summer, I'd have been disappointed in the choice that was made

Caporegime

Yeah, but you don’t have even 1 top player in the DM position.

Already shown this season you don’t need Sancho to score goals. Maybe he’ll come good and get some important goals/assists but that remains to be seen.

Man of Honour
Ole doesn't care about midfield, he's made no effort to fix it, and he can't coach them to be better. Should still be playing, far, far better regardless of the lack of a 'true' defensive mid.

Look at Demarai Gray, cheap player, not doing great in the Bundesliga - goes to Everton with Rafa and now looks a top player.

Sancho - playing superbly at Dortmund, comes to Man Utd, has gone backwards.

Next excuses please.

Caporegime
I'm not suggesting you shouldn't have options. My point is that if I was a United fan and we could have bought a £70m winger or a £70m midfielder last summer, I'd have been disappointed in the choice that was made

So if we'd done that instead then people would be complaining that we only had Martial and Greenwood as wide options at the start of the season. One hadn't played out wide in almost 2 years and the other is only 19.

Then of course it's finding a 70m midfielder that is available.

Back
Top Bottom