*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
I get the QR code if I play via the Beta app, but works fine via the Origin app. Got to go back to work now, but will play on my lunch break.

Associate
I get the QR code if I play via the Beta app, but works fine via the Origin app. Got to go back to work now, but will play on my lunch break.

by origin app do you meen the normal client

dont like the whole app word :p

I did see they had some new desktop thing but ignored that

Associate
by origin app do you meen the normal client

dont like the whole app word :p

I did see they had some new desktop thing but ignored that

Yeah, just the standard Origin client. I downloaded this new EA client yesterday (Just called 'EA') as that's what I thought I had to use, but doesn't seem to work through that. So if you are having problems on one, it might be worth trying on the other. (it found my download in both clients, so I did not need to re-download the game again)

Soldato
Maybe I've grown out of battlefield but played a couple of rounds and this feels like a weird mix of COD fast paced movement with mix and match loadouts. Medics carry Sniper Rifles and RPG's etc...it's bizarre. Fair enough for those that enjoy it but I don't think it's for me, I stuck through BF1 and gave BFV a fair shake despite it being rather terrible but I really don't understand what Dice have gone for here (probably trying to capture the warzone crowd).

Also parachuting vehicles into your spot and instant deploy add to the arcade feeling.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
"Spectacular but rough around the edges"

I'm looking forward to giving it a go myself today but that sounds promising to me, especially as he is on a build from a couple of months ago

Soldato
Had 1 quick round and my initial thoughts

- Graphically it looked really nice. I did put everything up on ultra to see how my system would handle it so no doubt there is some performance to be gained with changing settings and a driver update from nvidia. My only complaint is that it's perhaps a little too colourful and everything appears a bit over saturated

- I haven't properly played a BF game in a while, only managed to get 100 hours out of BF5 before getting bored. Did dabble in returns to BF4 a few months ago but I need to get back into the swing of how to play

- The map is too large. Even with 128 players, it felt like a lot of running between points to see any action. Again this could be used to me playing a lot of Modern Warfare and Splitgate recently

- I really like how you can change gun attachments on the fly, reminded me of Crysis and something I always thought was nice.

- Going back to my first point about performance, seems OK. Maybe I sometimes expect a bit too much from my PC but I was floating between 60-80fps depending where I was and what was going on. I did see the occasional dip down to 55 but with GSync it wasn't too noticeable. That was with everything set to Ultra at 3840x1600 with an i7 9700k, 16GB RAM and a RTX 3090.

After 30 minutes I'm not 100% sold it's worth £50 just yet but I'll get a lot more games in over the weekend and see if it grows on me with time.

Associate
Yeah, just the standard Origin client. I downloaded this new EA client yesterday (Just called 'EA') as that's what I thought I had to use, but doesn't seem to work through that. So if you are having problems on one, it might be worth trying on the other. (it found my download in both clients, so I did not need to re-download the game again)

will have a look tonight at work currently

Back
Top Bottom