Valve announces the SteamDeck

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I reserved the 64gb one, comes in December. For now I will use my 128gb sdhc memory that is in my switch. Will see how it goes with that first. Unless I find a very good deal on Black Friday maybe. So far £21 for 200gb is cheapest I have seen.

Soldato
I reserved the 64gb one, comes in December. For now I will use my 128gb sdhc memory that is in my switch. Will see how it goes with that first. Unless I find a very good deal on Black Friday maybe. So far £21 for 200gb is cheapest I have seen.

Lucky bugger. Not gonna attempt SSD swap?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lucky bugger. Not gonna attempt SSD swap?
Nope. No need, can stick in a 256GB or SDXC card in it instead of needed, they can be had for about £25 now. I do not need the extra speed as it will be primarily used to play older games in my steam library which would not benefit from faster storage anyways.

Associate
I suspect that after launch the queue will shorten quite a bit. Even if its everything we hope it is, I think a lot of people chucked their name into the hat just so they have the opportunity to get one, but will weigh up if they want to actually spend the money or not when they get the notification, and many will likely choose to leave it for now. At least I hope so :p

Associate
mine is Q2 2022 but i'm hoping to get it sooner while i do hope its a successful launch i also hope lots of people cancel so i get it in dec/jan i wonder if people will be willing to go through with purchase hoping to sell it on ebay i hope not

Soldato
mine is Q2 2022 but i'm hoping to get it sooner while i do hope its a successful launch i also hope lots of people cancel so i get it in dec/jan i wonder if people will be willing to go through with purchase hoping to sell it on ebay i hope not

That is why I ordered the 512GB version on the theory that people are more likely to cancel a really expensive model than one of the cheaper ones.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Picked up a 256GB Samsung Evo Plus SDXC card on the cheap for my SteamDeck. Not long now until December. Going to be installing all my old and indie games on to it. Those are typically small so should all fit easily :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up a 256GB Samsung Evo Plus SDXC card on the cheap for my SteamDeck. Not long now until December. Going to be installing all my old and indie games on to it. Those are typically small so should all fit easily :D

How much did you pay? I'll probably pick something up during Black Friday/Cyber Monday

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
would have thought it'd be cheaper as I paid around that price about 8 months ago or so.
Yeah prices change a lot in this market I find. Like I remember getting my 128GB Nintendo one for like £18 some years back and it took well over a year to come back to being available at that price again.

As far as I can see that was the cheapest price when I purchased it as most places wanted a lot more.

Just had a look and most places are asking for well north of £30 so to me that is a good deal in the current market. Might go down more for Black Friday but I did not want to take a chance.

Back
Top Bottom