*** Official October 18th Apple Event (18:00 BST) ***

Man of Honour
My 2018 15" i7 MBP work Mac is due a refresh next August so I'm really hoping for an Apple Silicone 16" version as I love my M1 Air.

Soldato
Can we say naughty things in the unofficial one? :cool:

I want apple to pull one out the bag and be making their on tv to rival the sky tv... (and 16" apple silicone mbp as well of course)

Soldato
They’ll put out the remaining 27” iMac, 14/16” MBPs and Mac Mini to retire the remaining Intel models leaving the Mac pro the last Intel mac standing.

Perhaps a decent mouse but we can dream… :p

Soldato
OP
New iPad Air

Is this likely after the iPad announcements back in September? I would have thought that if they were ready to release them, they would have announced it back then.

Replacement for the 27" iMac with M2 chip.

This is the big one for me, my 2017 27" iMac is due for a refresh. My colleagues couldn't wait and have just pulled the trigger on the new 24" models but I think I'd miss the bigger screen.

16" MBP please for the love of god

I'm really interested in the new 16" rumours, especially if they remove the TouchBar and reintroduce some of the missing ports. My 2015 15" MBP is starting to show its age.

Commissario
My colleagues couldn't wait and have just pulled the trigger on the new 24" models but I think I'd miss the bigger screen.
It's not just the screen, the M1 iMac graphics aren't good enough for me. There are a couple of games I play and although decent, it's just not up to it. I'm really keen to see what they're going to do with the GPU on the new models.

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to a 14/16 MBP refresh although I doubt I'll buy one (he says now).
I still really enjoy using my current 16 MBP and it handles everything I throw at it. Obviously an Apple silicone version would be nice but not at the price it's going to be. I can't see a new 16 being cheaper than the current model meaning we're looking at £2400 minimum - I highly doubt I could justify that to the Mrs having spent £2k on my 16 in May last year!
A 14 may actually be more appealing, in that, I could at least justify the size and weight savings plus it will be considerably cheaper.

M2 Mac mini would be nice.
Agreed.
A left field punt from myself based on absolutely nothing whatsoever but could there be a new Mac Mini? Maybe a MM Pro or some such? I just think the previous Mini was so well received and offered decent value for money I think a Pro version might suit a lot of people. I know the current Mini can be specc'd up but stick an M1X/M2 (whatever it will be), a few extra ports and ability to run multiple displays and it could be a winner. Throw in a new colour/updated design language as well.

Back
Top Bottom