Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
:confused: Calm down dear, I just didn't quote the last sentence, but that didn't butcher anything of your post out of context or misrepresent you. Hell, I even agreed with you with the second bit :cry:

So where are these people frothing with glee that a Tory has been murdered?

One poster brought political voting records in, dangling the bait of applying potential "reasons" for the attack which was immediately jumped on by another poster that seems quite enthused and judged "vile" and "horrible". Why share those views at all on a sitting MP that has been appointed in a democratic process, never mind at that moment of time?!

They've calmed it down now, but it wasn't a surprise and was sad to see that they just couldn't help themselves.

Caporegime
I wonder if this will provoke MP's to publicise all the death threats that they're getting constantly.

In fact I think they should if only to make the public aware just how bad it is.

Soldato
I wonder if this will provoke MP's to publicise all the death threats that they're getting constantly.

You know i think that would be a good move, show what these human beings have to go through. Throw some light on the subject and i think people will take a step back and feel a bit of shame

Soldato
Nice to see the internet is still full of people from the "Kinder, Gentler" side of politics thinking a mans life is fair game because of his British political beliefs

Perhaps think twice before shouting something on any public platform, or indeed in person, that may escalate division and drive conflict.

Caporegime
A man has been murdered in our supposed civilised society and that is another tragedy for a family, friends and colleagues. Turning this into a debate about politics, beliefs and mostly opinions is not something I wish to partake for that is the domain of the permanently angry.

RIP.

Well said.

RIP

Associate
Amess, had held that constituency for 24 years, an absolute pillar of that community. A very strange choice if politically motivated. Well I guess murdering anybody is a strange choice to say the least. In the immediate aftermath of this event I don't think it's sensible to speculate, but lets hope there isn't any more of this to come.

Caporegime
Awful, this shouldn’t happen to any of our elected representatives whatever the persuasion.

Politics and the polarising and visceral nature of it needs a serious rethink.

R.I.P. Sir David.

Caporegime
Amess, had held that constituency for 24 years, an absolute pillar of that community. A very strange choice if politically motivated. Well I guess murdering anybody is a strange choice to say the least. In the immediate aftermath of this event I don't think it's sensible to speculate, but lets hope there isn't any more of this to come.

About the same time the man who killed him had been alive.

Likely politically motivated but we will find out in time.

Sitting MP's shouldn't ever be faced with violence whatever their political alignment.

The occasional egging/milkshaking is about as much as they can expect

Soldato
Someone who is better at stats than I am, what would the homicide rate for MPs be based on this? 3 murders in 31 years. 650 MPs. I’m not sure how to work it out.

Soldato
I don't know what's sadder, that a sitting MP has been murdered, or that so many people in this country have gone so far down the rabbit hole that they are positively thrilled at the possibility they can blame this on 'the others' and work themselves up into a self-righteous froth....local pubs are going to be a nightmare this evening...

Soldato
This is awful, there have been two assassinations in recent times with numerous attempts. This mindless violence has got to stop, disagreeing with someone politically is far from a valid excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom