What annoys you about your current car?

Soldato
I've noticed this too. It was silent when I got it a few months ago (used). I think the garaged used some kind of withchcraft on it as it rattles loads now. Still love the car though.

Yeah for it depends on the road surface. I've not helped it as I have the rear seats down almost always and something in the boot has a horrid buzz between 1100and 1400 rpm. @ Exact frugal cruising revs!

Soldato
Mileage is trash, even worse worse with E10.
Used to get about 380 miles maybe a tad over, calculated it at around 300-350 now with E10.

Soldato
Too much automation.

I want to see my oil, give me a dip stick.

I want to turn a key, give me an ignition.

Indicators are very simple things, stop overthinking them.

The rain sensors aren't sensitive enough so I often have to put the wipers on manually in very light drizzle.

Where did you bruy it from?

???

Don
Secondly, on frosty mornings, I like to start the engine so it can idle and warm up a little while I go and clear the glass. Easy with a key - just lean in, insert key, turn. But with keyless, I have to get in the drivers seat, press the clutch down and then press the start button.

My Focus with key requires the clutch to be depressed to start the engine

Soldato
My Focus with key requires the clutch to be depressed to start the engine

Same on my Leon.

Few things come to mind on mine. When the Driver Profile is set to "Individual" (which I have configured as "Sport" performance mode and "Normal" steering mode) you have to set it to any other profile then back to Individual every time you turn the car on, otherwise the performance mode defaults to "Normal".

The windscreen washer reservoir doesn't have a sensor so you never know it's running empty. My previous Mazda3 Sport had one but the Leon doesn't unless you have the Winter Pack specified.

The heated mirrors are activated via the same switch you use to move the wing mirrors or manually fold them in which gets fiddly sometimes. Again on my last car they were linked to the rear demister button which makes much more sense to me.

Oh, and there's no light on instrument panel to tell you the headlights are on, only on the switch itself.

Transmission breaker
Don
Broken CD changer, and broken drivers side heated seat.
Very hard to fix both issues (E65 BMW) and they are not annoying enough to warrant the trouble of doing them yet :D

I did try to swap the drivers seat out once to solve the heating issue, but it appears the options available for this car makes a straight swap almost impossible unless you get very lucky!! (Plugs/modules/cables/etc are all different)

I haz 4090!
Don
No grab handles above the doors, and the elbow rest doesn’t have notches so you can raise it up a little at a time until you find a comfortable height. So annoying.

Associate
On a G20:-

The front passenger seat belt gets stuck in a position where it rattles against the plastic trim when retracted. Unless you spot it before you pull off you are stuck with it until the end of your journey.

The button for the parking cameras fails to work about 20% of the time. I think its due to them no longer being individual switches and unless you press in exactly the right place it fails to work. It is a step back from the previous gen, even if it looks more integrated.

Washing your car with comfort access enabled is PITA, even worse if you have the mirrors set to fold/unfold on lock/unlock. I have to leave the key in the house.

The BMW App does not allow full postcode search but in car nav does. WHY!

Man of Honour
If it's anything like my e92 indicator, you can cancel the indicator by pressing it the same way again instead of pushing it the other way....no risk of indicating back the other way then...
Yes you can do that. But as I drive several cars I sometimes cancel using the normal method through habit.

Soldato
W204 C63. The bleeding windscreen wipers squeak and I have utterly failed in my attempts to do anything about it.I have tried umpteen different makes of wiper, including Mercedes own, still squeak. I have cleaned, clayed, polished the screen. Still squeaks.

My next attempts are either replacing the screen or replacing the wiper arm linkage. Based on a theory of either the screen having been etched somehow (under street lights, you can see it's covered in microscratches) or the linkage having too much play in it.

Man of Honour
W204 C63. The bleeding windscreen wipers squeak and I have utterly failed in my attempts to do anything about it.I have tried umpteen different makes of wiper, including Mercedes own, still squeak. I have cleaned, clayed, polished the screen. Still squeaks.

I have the same problem and tried the same things, must have spent over £100 on wiper blades.

Only putting the original factory ones back on cured the noise, fortunately I was replacing them because they'd been on a while rather than because they'd begun to fail. But they wont last for ever and then the problem will return...

Soldato

My next attempts are either replacing the screen or replacing the wiper arm linkage. Based on a theory of either the screen having been etched somehow (under street lights, you can see it's covered in microscratches) or the linkage having too much play in it.

Have you cleaned the rubber of the blades themselves and tried different screen wash? Are the blades you're fitting factory spec as sometimes they are changed slightly by owners on purpose or without knowing.

Soldato
Lack of rain channels. If you have the drivers or passengers window open and there is any settled rain/water on the roof, the slightest chamber with turn that water into a waterfall that comes in through the open window covering the door switches, seat cushion, driver. If the car is well waxed so it's beading nicely you get a whole roofs worth at one hit. I know it does it but I still forget every now and again.
lol my XF had this. I didn't even know it was "thing" till I pulled up whilst opening the window to exit a car park, and there was like a torrent of water into the cabin.

Soldato
My car is old (A4 cabrio), so lack of Bluetooth connection. And the radio doesn't work anyway :D I had to take the fuse out as it had a life of its own and kept draining the battery by turning on overnight.

Otherwise, wouldn't mind a few extra horses, but no further annoyances. I'm not especially demanding tbh.

Back
Top Bottom