Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Both are OLED, 6 will have normal 60/90Hz 1080p, 6 Pro is LTPO 1440p that scales from 10 all the way to 120Hz.

So better battery life should be expected in the Pro. Possibly combined with a bigger battery.

I expected the Pro to be an instant purchase and cost £899, but am now thinking of waiting for the reviews of both, despite the Pro being cheaper then budgeted for.

Soldato
Big post lock down events. Plenty of choice for the consumer!

For me I am just pixel default android fanboy. It's 6 or stay on the 5 :D

I am such a closed book :D

Honestly I'm the same, my pixel experience has been good whereas I've owned OnePlus, Samsung, Nokia etc and had issues and dumb bugs/problems over time. Pixels have been the least irritating.

Associate
I'm vert temped to buy it, BUT I'm worried that they change the way the biometric data is done , and that my banking+ a few other apps will stop working. So will be waiting for a review

Associate
Definitely the 6 Pro for me. I'd love to go for the lighter colour but just worried there might be a silver band visible at the front in a darker case.

That was my thought process too. I think you'll be able to see the lighter coloured bezels on the front of the display which, to me, is offputting. Will probably go for the black for that very reason.

Soldato
I'm vert temped to buy it, BUT I'm worried that they change the way the biometric data is done , and that my banking+ a few other apps will stop working. So will be waiting for a review
I wouldn't worry... Only time I had issues was when the first in screen finger print scanners came out. They're all supported now.

Associate
Regardless, if Google is offering the same freebie for both phones, it means the Pixel 6 is an even better deal! I thought the Pixel 6 might get a lesser freebie, with the Bose 700 only for the Pixel 6 Pro pre-orders.

Soldato

What changed exactly? Under screen FP scanners have been around for a good while now on other Android phones. I've had no issues with Barclays, HSBC, Monzo, Revolut, Nationwide, Bitwarden, Authy, etc using the FP to log in.

Back
Top Bottom