Riftbreaker

Soldato
I've only had a spare few hours but loving this so far. My base is somewhat messy, half tempted to start from scratch and do things a bit better with what I've learnt, but might just plough on regardless.

Great to have this on game pass, though I think I would have bought it otherwise, very reasonably priced.

Soldato
I've only had a spare few hours but loving this so far. My base is somewhat messy, half tempted to start from scratch and do things a bit better with what I've learnt, but might just plough on regardless.

Great to have this on game pass, though I think I would have bought it otherwise, very reasonably priced.
Mine was same but then I messed up too much got over run so though with what I've learnt start again

Man of Honour
OP

the graphics and destruction are so satisfying cant believe its only 20 quid, tried on gamepass and loved it so bought on steam to show some support <3

The price point for it is superb. Just goes to show that not every good game that comes out in full release needs to be £49.99

Man of Honour
OP
Have done 16 hours so far on my campaign, I now have 3 bases in 3 different biomes. My HQ is at lvl 4 and thats opened up a whole mass of mods to go into my weapons and into my towers, as well as a bunch of new weaponry, hammers, swords, machineguns, sniper rifles, rocket launchers and so on. Each time I think I've reached a point where I've seen all that the game has to offer, a bunch of new things come into play. As some of you may know, I operate on a £ per hour for whether a game is worth it and I've almost hit my £ per hour mark in the first 2 days of play :D

Permabanned
Gave this a go last night, started the prologue to learn the game, pretty good so far but it did crash after a hour or so.....hopefully saved my progress. :)

Do you have to link your remote location(with the power thingies) to the main base to benefit from resource collection?

Man of Honour
OP
Gave this a go last night, started the prologue to learn the game, pretty good so far but it did crash after a hour or so.....hopefully saved my progress. :)

Do you have to link your remote location(with the power thingies) to the main base to benefit from resource collection?

No, resources gathered anywhere are all automatically added to your overall resource pool. Only reason to link a remote spot with power is if you want to keep all your power on one network rather than seperate power grids

l0z

l0z

Associate
anyone any tips for a new player, can be a bit overwhelming trying to move ur guy around and look after, trying to build ur base etc
Having restarted 3 or 4 times now, each time trying to work out the best base layout strategy, i've come to the conclusion that bigger is better.

I tried using cul-de-sacs formed by ravines and rocks to lower my perimeter length, but found the space is too restricted and any wall breaches were severely punished.

A large base with ample internal space and resources has worked best for me. I'm double reinforcing the corners, and leading the mobs into kill-zones where two walls meet and 5 or more sentinels can hit them.

Associate
I really enjoyed the beta. Got the full game now but not had time to play yet.

Strange that there have been no good RTS games since company of heroes years ago but there's about 5 new ones coming out this autumn

Soldato
the graphics and destruction are so satisfying cant believe its only 20 quid, tried on gamepass and loved it so bought on steam to show some support <3

I ended up doing the same. I only heard about the game about a day before release and thought it sounded great, but I'm so often disappointed, however this simply delivered exactly what I was hoping for.

Associate
I'm just winging it, have 3 outposts but only just worked out I can scan with the middle mouse button to aid in research... No idea how to set up the mud pumps ect

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I'm just winging it, have 3 outposts but only just worked out I can scan with the middle mouse button to aid in research... No idea how to set up the mud pumps ect

Just pop a pump onto a fluid/sludge/mud etc tile, then connect some pipe sections, then plonk a water filter plant thing, then some more pipes connecting that to the buildings that need water etc.

Also remember that you can run about and press the spacebar to pull out your detector thing to find additional buried resources.

Soldato
Also, if you've got a geothermal vent, stick a geothermal powerplant on it and that will produce mud (as well as energy obviously) which you can filter in the same way as pumping it from the lake.

Associate
Also, if you've got a geothermal vent, stick a geothermal powerplant on it and that will produce mud (as well as energy obviously) which you can filter in the same way as pumping it from the lake.

Yup worked that one out, however I have lots of research in the alien tree that won't start

Back
Top Bottom