Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [22nd - 24th October 2021]

Associate
Juve wanted rid because they couldn’t afford his salary
and because Ronaldo was a poor fit. Their forms suddenly improved again since he left.

If his performances were matching his wages I'm sure theres 3-4 other players they could have got off the books instead. No one from Juve seem to have anything positive to say about his period at the club.

Soldato
LMAO Shami himself said Greenwood was only played on the right last season as they had no right winger, now its for depth. Just give up there.

Soldato
Greenwood missed 4 games with injury, Sancho missed 11.

Keep going please.

So your 1st choice right sided attacker, who had no competition apparently, played approx 180 minutes more in the league than a rotational foden and less minutes overall despite both teams getting to a European final?And you think it was a great bit of business to throw down 75 million on a back up player? No wonder your club is going down the toilet with those sorts of decisions. Every man utd fan forum I've read has greenwood pegged as a 9, playing through the middle. Sancho was signed to play on the right with rashford on the left.

Ole still in a job?
Read somewhere they can't sack a manager on a Sunday or Monday morning due to us stock market rulings, no idea if that's rubbish or not. You wouldn't sack another manager after losing to us tho would you? That would make 3, it would be amusing tho :)

Soldato
Can't see Ole going until it's mathematically impossible to qualify for Europe (remember both Moyes and Jose being given the boot the next day after qualifying was an impossibility).

Caporegime
and because Ronaldo was a poor fit. Their forms suddenly improved again since he left.

They're 6th in Serie A already 10 pts behind the leaders...

Regarding OGS, if they are going to sack him it won't be until the international break. No sense bringing in someone new with little time to prepare before City/Spurs.

Caporegime
Let's just take a step back, he probably has the most difficult and demanding job in world football. Here are his managerial achievements:

dWAexlU.png

I mean, that is literally it.

I understand Conte is not a perfect fit, but he does have a defined philosophy, and he does have a lot of experience. Just for comparison:

2dnstpD.png

-

If they don't feel Conte is the right manager for whatever reason, then they need to start thinking about what to do. Ole looks like a dead man walking now, and this isn't sustainable.

I just checked and I made a thread calling for him to go back in December 2019. It was bloody obvious then that after a good start he was a bit rubbish and out of his depth.

Guardiola had one season with the Barcelona B team. What is your point?

Caporegime
Sancho was always competing with Greenwood for the right side once James left. Ronaldo joining changed nothing in that respect. I could understand if we'd been using Martial more on the left but he's barely played. If anything Sancho has had more opportunities since James went out and Ronaldo came in because Ronaldo plays solely up front where Sancho won't play.

Ronaldo has changed everything. You essentially had 4 players competing for 3 positions (Excluding Cavani) whereas now you have 4 competing for 2. Both Martial and Greenwood would have been planned to play centrally. This would have given Sancho plenty of opportunity to get settled in.

Cavani will get zero game time unless he is either subbed for Ronaldo or Ronaldo plays down the left with Cavani up top which I would like to see but that will never happen as Ole is on a tight rope at the moment and he will not change the team dramatically.

Caporegime
Let's just take a step back, he probably has the most difficult and demanding job in world football. Here are his managerial achievements:

dWAexlU.png

I mean, that is literally it.

By that logic Bayern shouldn't have hired Hansi Flick. The guy had never even managed a top division club before. Then he walked in and won the league and CL. Experience is not a necessity, fit is.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Cavani will get zero game time unless he is either subbed for Ronaldo or Ronaldo plays down the left with Cavani up top which I would like to see but that will never happen as Ole is on a tight rope at the moment and he will not change the team dramatically.

I think we would be far better if Ronaldo wasn't here and we used Cavani more. You can see that Cavani is just a dog on the pitch. He chases everything. Works his ass off for the team and always gives 100%. I would wager that he does exactly what the manager asks of him.

Ronaldo takes an already completely directionless team and adds a little more individuality to it. You could see yesterday that he would take a shot when there was literally a man straight in front of him with 0 chance of it going in.

Hes as good as he is because he is selfish but hes also 36 and not the force he was. He isn't good enough anymore for that indulgence.

Soldato
By that logic Bayern shouldn't have hired Hansi Flick. The guy had never even managed a top division club before. Then he walked in and won the league and CL. Experience is not a necessity, fit is.
It's fine not having experience but there should be a clear plan that fans can see.

What's ole trying to get your team to do exactly? What's the structure on the pitch etc. Nothing is clear.

So either utd players do not follow his instructions or ole and utd coaching staff are a problem. Reality is its probably a combination of the two. Utd squad is good but full of ego.

Look at us when we first got Klopp within the first 10 games you saw exactly what the team was aiming to play. Same with tuchel at Chelsea, pep at City, poch in his spurs early days. Rodgers at leister.

Ole? What ever his style is is none existent there is no template.

fez

fez

Caporegime
So either utd players do not follow his instructions or ole and utd coaching staff are a problem. Reality is its probably a combination of the two. Utd squad is good but full of ego.

I'm not sure it is. Ronaldo? 100%. Pogba, a bit but I don't think its the bad kind I just think he wants to play a certain way and is kind of arrogant. Outside of those two I don't think there is much. If we started to actually play well and win then players would be more team focussed as well.

Look at us when we first got Klopp within the first 10 games you saw exactly what the team was aiming to play. Same with tuchel at Chelsea, pep at City, poch in his spurs early days. Rodgers at leister.

Ole? What ever his style is is none existent there is no template.

This is why Ole should have been sacked years ago. You don't need 3 years to start to implement a plan. You need 6 months. As you say, whether its coming off or not, you can see what good managers are trying to do. Ole? Nothing. 3 years and nothing. Neville tried to make the laughable claim that Ole has built United into a counter attacking side. No he hasn't because A, we're not that great at it and B, against 85% of the teams we play you cannot do that. You can't have 2 counter attacking teams playing against each other. You can't beat the smaller teams in the league counter attacking. It can be an option but it can't be your plan A, B and C.

The only reason that's our "plan" is because it's the easiest style of football to play. Even then he can't set us up defensively to be robust. Watching Chelsea under Tuchel brings home just how **** Ole is at every tactical and coached aspect of the game. Every Chelsea player knows what their job is defensively. What they are going to do when a player has it in X area of the pitch. What to do when a player sits between the lines. We will have 5 on 2 and still get played through.

We have a great team and watching the dross that Ole has us playing does my head in.

Caporegime
Need to get Carlos Queiroz back to sort out the defence but I see he is managing Egyptian national team now.

Only man really to come in is either Conte or Zidane. We have too many massive players now and need someone of equal stature to get them playing. It is either that or get another club legend in like Giggs with maybe Roy Keane.

In my opinion the best way is to get an interim in then have a proper go in the summer to get someone solid.

Will have to wait till after this month however as potentially we could be mid table and out of the Champions League by then. If that were to happen I would be very surprised to see Ole still in the job.

Man of Honour
Guardiola had one season with the Barcelona B team. What is your point?

Pep is very much the exception to the rule. It's embarrassing to even compare them at this point.

Using a very reasonable metric, Conte is a far better manager than Ole. And how did Ole do at Cardiff? Oh. That's my point.

Back
Top Bottom