• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
Intel Core i9-12900HK Could Be The Fastest Mobile CPU Ever | TechPowerUp
"The Intel Core i9-12900HK is the flagship processor for the upcoming 12th Generation Core Alder Lake-P mobile lineup with 14 cores and 20 threads. The processor was recently spotted on Geekbench 5 where it achieved a score of 1851 in the single-core test and 13,256 in the multi-core test which would make it the fastest mobile processor to date. While we have seen desktop processors included in workstation laptops before this processor could be the fastest chip designed specifically for mobile applications with it beating the recently released Apple M1 MAX and previous champion Core i9-11980HK. This potential title may not last long however with Intel expected to follow up with Alder Lake-S mobile processors that could feature up to 16 cores and 24 threads later in 2022. Intel is expected to launch the mobile Alder Lake-P lineup at CES 2022 alongside their Arc Alchemist desktop graphics cards."

Intel Core i5-12600K 47% Faster Than Ryzen 5 5600X in Leaked CPU-Z Benchmark | TechPowerUp
"The Intel Core i5-12600K is set to feature 6 high-performance cores and 4 high-efficiency cores running at base speeds of 3.7 GHz and 2.8 GHz respectively. These cores can boost to 4.9 GHz and 3.6 GHz with Turbo Max Boost 3.0 however we don't expect much more speed can be extracted out of them using overclocking so default performance with sufficient cooling should be close to max. We have recently seen some CPU-Z test scores for the processor from prominent leakers which show the chip scoring 746 and 7058 points in the single-threaded and multi-threaded tests when running stock on Windows 11. The processor was also tested with an unknown overclock on Windows 10 where it scored 79X and 72XX points respectively.

These scores are extremely competitive with them easily beating the Ryzen 5 5600X by 19.5% and 46.7% in single-threaded and multi-threaded tests. We still don't know where Intel will position the Core i5-12600K in the market so any judgment on the value of these processors will need to wait until release. While we don't currently know the expected MSRP for the Core i5-12600K we have seen pricing for the Core i7-12700K and Core i9-12900K at 469.99 USD and 669.99 USD respectively. Intel is expected to announce these Alder Lake desktop processors during an event on October 27th with general availability expected November 4th."

AMD must hurry to decrease the pricings :cry:

leaked CPUZ ???? so was rocket lake and you know how that translated ? I wanna see proper gaming benchmarks also zen 3 is 1 year old ? I dont understand why you have it in for AMD we would still be using 4 cores :cry:

Soldato
It's unfortunate that you don't see the problem (although I suspect you do), but that isn't my problem.

The mods have encouraged this style of posting since he made his account. Seems a bit harsh to pull support now.

If he says something you don’t like, try not to get involved. Use the RTM button and pop him on ignore. It’s the OcUK way.

Permabanned
If you have issues with any posts aimed at you or anyone else, please report them and they'll be looked at.

The message is still the same though, you've only yourself to blame if we have to step in.

It's fine - I report as much as I can.

The mods have encouraged this style of posting since he made his account. Seems a bit harsh to pull support now.

If he says something you don’t like, try not to get involved. Use the RTM button and pop him on ignore. It’s the OcUK way.

I haven't ignored you, though.

Caporegime
leaked CPUZ ???? so was rocket lake and you know how that translated ? I wanna see proper gaming benchmarks also zen 3 is 1 year old ? I dont understand why you have it in for AMD we would still be using 4 cores :cry:

Ignore it, he posted that a few pages back already, and a few pages before that, and...... basically he's posting it over and over again every few pages.

Soldato
I haven't ignored you, though.

Irrelevant. You'll be wasting your time shouting into an empty void. :cry:

Actually, carry on. It'll be hilarious.

The message is still the same though, you've only yourself to blame if we have to step in.

He's seriously playing the 6-year old little brother card of "He started it". :rolleyes:
Ban, pls. For the sake of the community.

V F

V F

Soldato
Associate
Hey all - Just wanted to say sorry to anyone trying to read this thread yesterday. I let a certain poster (no names) get under my skin yesterday and the thread got derailed. I cannot speak for him but i am old enough to know better and while i did not cross any lines i should have just ignored hm to start with. I personally hate it when threads get derailed like so it was wrong for me to be part of the same, i am just not good at keeping my mouth shut.

Anyway sorry guys, I'll do better going forward :)

Associate
That is why the ignore function is great but not perfect, so much so I reckon that for certain posters OCUK should set an opt in button, rather than almost everyone having to put them on /ignore :D
{rpblem with ignore also is you loose so many posts sometimes that the thread is almost impossible to follow

Back
Top Bottom