Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Anyone ordered from Currys?

Just realised I can get 7% off via a reloadable card from my workplace, plus I already have £61 on a gift card leftover from a previous purchase. They also still have the coral version in stock by the looks of it.
I did because I had a 10% off code (and 5% cashback). Delivery on the 28th hopefully.

Last edited:
Associate
Scree protector installed! Went with the LK TPU ones off Amazon. Highly recommended. I had these on a OnePlus 8 and they worked well. You really do need to watch the video though. Even having installed them I still don't quite get how they work!

Soldato
You'd need a notch and I'm willing to bet Google knew the usage stats for the Pixel that had a notch and I bet it wasn't that high.
You don't, OnePlus does face unlock without the notch. Issue is security, it's nowhere near as secure as apples implementation for e.g. but works well enough.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Just received my 6 Pro. Its big! Bigger than my 4XL in its chunky Dbrand Grip case! :eek:

I think I might be glad I ordered the non pro this morning....

Associate
How is the fingerprint reader?

For me so far.. not good at all.

I will caveat that with the fact that I've installed a glass screen protector, I didn't try it without.

Edit to added, seems much better with pressure, I'm used to the pixel 5 which needs just a glance, I guess these screen readers need more pressure.

Soldato
For me so far.. not good at all.

I will caveat that with the fact that I've installed a glass screen protector, I didn't try it without.

Edit to added, seems much better with pressure, I'm used to the pixel 5 which needs just a glance, I guess these screen readers need more pressure.
You need to re-add the finger print if you've installed the protector after setting it up...

Associate
Ordered two non-pro Pixels, one for me and one for the wife. Reviews look great and it will be a solid upgrade from our current Samsung S7's. Never used finger print scanner before, so not too worried about that. Expected delivery is within the hour :)

Soldato
Ordered 20th but have not been charged or had a dispatch email - apparently its going to magically arrive tomorrow

Was this from Google? I ordered from them as a guest on 19th when the store was dying, managed to get an order confirmed though. No payment pending on my card and they've pushed the delivery back to 28th now. Makes me wonder if something went wrong given how bad the store handled the release day.

Associate
You need to re-add the finger print if you've installed the protector after setting it up...

I have, afew times and tried to trick of adding the same finger a few times as additional fingers! I definitely feel like it's getting better over time or I'm getting more used to it.

Soldato
I have, afew times and tried to trick of adding the same finger a few times as additional fingers! I definitely feel like it's getting better over time or I'm getting more used to it.

Which screen protector is it? With my OP7TP certain protectors didn't work well with the optical scanner, but the UV glue protector I've been using had no issues so far.

Back
Top Bottom