• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
I downloaded the Death Stranding Directors Cut trial on Friday night left it to download overnight, came to play it on Saturday and all I get is a message saying licence had expired. Looking around it seems like the timer starts as soon as you start the download (which is just crazy) Anyone know how I can reset it so I can actually play it?

Associate
I downloaded the Death Stranding Directors Cut trial on Friday night left it to download overnight, came to play it on Saturday and all I get is a message saying licence had expired. Looking around it seems like the timer starts as soon as you start the download (which is just crazy) Anyone know how I can reset it so I can actually play it?
I read people were creating a second PSN ID on their console just to use that to download the game, then when it's downloaded playing it with their usual PSN ID.

Soldato
I read people were creating a second PSN ID on their console just to use that to download the game, then when it's downloaded playing it with their usual PSN ID.

I guess if I did this though, any saved progress if I decided to buy the game I couldn't use on my main account? I wish it stated this when I downloaded it. I deliberately did it Friday night so I could smash the trial on Saturday :(

Associate
I guess if I did this though, any saved progress if I decided to buy the game I couldn't use on my main account? I wish it stated this when I downloaded it. I deliberately did it Friday night so I could smash the trial on Saturday :(
Yeah, that's why people did it the way I suggested so as you say if you enjoy the game and buy it you can carry on. It's good Sony have released a trial but it's been implemented poorly, the timer should be an in-game one, not from setting the download away.

Soldato
Just fitted a 2TB adata ssd in my ps5 and after formatting it displayed a read speed of ~6250 which seems okay? The adata ones come with a heatsink and they appear to be the cheapest ones currently available.

Soldato
Just fitted a 2TB adata ssd in my ps5 and after formatting it displayed a read speed of ~6250 which seems okay? The adata ones come with a heatsink and they appear to be the cheapest ones currently available.
I mean - quite literally any GEN4 will work and a few places have tested drives with a Read Speed of 3500 - and the load speeds haven't been night/day.
So as long as you're over that recommended minimum quoted by Sony, you're got an add-in drive offering the same performance as the built-in solution. I went the Aorus 7000 2TB route which gave me a test speed of 6557

Soldato
I mean - quite literally any GEN4 will work and a few places have tested drives with a Read Speed of 3500 - and the load speeds haven't been night/day.
So as long as you're over that recommended minimum quoted by Sony, you're got an add-in drive offering the same performance as the built-in solution. I went the Aorus 7000 2TB route which gave me a test speed of 6557

This, dont waste cash on the top of the line models. Get a basic gen4 and its as fast as the premium one's.

Soldato

Honestly, if I'd have known this I'd have gone for a 'slower' version as load times don't bother me in the slightest.

I was checking reviews and reading in the comments to find a compatible ssd.

Soldato
This, dont waste cash on the top of the line models. Get a basic gen4 and its as fast as the premium one's.
at least currently

Never know what might happen in the future - some game might well require the added bandwidth.....which isnt that unlikely given the speed of development and how long the ps5 lifecycle is due to last

Soldato
at least currently

Never know what might happen in the future - some game might well require the added bandwidth.....which isnt that unlikely given the speed of development and how long the ps5 lifecycle is due to last

I personally agree and the reason why I was only ever going to use a drive with >5500 read speeds. As I was going to buy a 2TB, I only wanted to do it once.
Could see no point going cheap now and then in 1-2 years time, find that games do really start utilising those additional speeds.

Caporegime
This is for new and expired subs btw. I think it's worth it. I wish they allowed you to download all the games (as opposed to stream) but there's a decent selection for download.

My sub runs out on the 29/10. Hopefully the offer is still around.

Yeah, mine lapsed about six months ago, was waiting for Black Friday deal but it arrived early it seems. :p I finally get to try Red Dead Redemption 2 !!"!"!"!"!

This promotion opens on 25/10/2021 at 10:00 (BST) and closes on 31/10/2021 at 23:59 (BST).

Soldato
Yeah, mine lapsed about six months ago, was waiting for Black Friday deal but it arrived early it seems. :p I finally get to try Red Dead Redemption 2 !!"!"!"!"!

This promotion opens on 25/10/2021 at 10:00 (BST) and closes on 31/10/2021 at 23:59 (BST).

You'd better crack on then as RDR2 leaves on Monday!

Soldato
It was the only reason I was avoiding it.
I'm an older chap - I cannot spend hours on end playing the game, so it seemed a waste of time me getting hold of it.
I still suspect I won't ever complete it, I've seen some videos of the boss battles, but at least I'll now actually

Soldato
It was the only reason I was avoiding it.
I'm an older chap - I cannot spend hours on end playing the game, so it seemed a waste of time me getting hold of it.
I still suspect I won't ever complete it, I've seen some videos of the boss battles, but at least I'll now actually

What it looks like they’ve done is to allow you to suspend the run so that you can resume from that point. But if you then die (I assume) the loop will repeat sending you back to the beginning again. What I don’t know is if that suspend point is permanent or not. I’ll have to have a read up sometime.

Back
Top Bottom