• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Associate
Someone mentioned that at least the jokes about 14nm++++++++ should stop.

Anybody keeping track of which iteration of 10nm this is for Intel? I'm thinking at least 3 pluses. Possibly more, because there were couple completely failed iterations early on

There was 10nm Cannon Lake, very short lived
Then 10nm+ Ice Lake, slightly better
Then 10nm++ Tiger Lake, which they called 10nm superfin

And now Rocket Lake, 10nm+++, which they can't decide whether to call 10 nm Enhanced SuperFin or "Intel 7"

Soldato
Someone mentioned that at least the jokes about 14nm++++++++ should stop.

Anybody keeping track of which iteration of 10nm this is for Intel? I'm thinking at least 3 pluses. Possibly more, because there were couple completely failed iterations early on

There was 10nm Cannon Lake, very short lived
Then 10nm+ Ice Lake, slightly better
Then 10nm++ Tiger Lake, which they called 10nm superfin

And now Rocket Lake, 10nm+++, which they can't decide whether to call 10 nm Enhanced SuperFin or "Intel 7"

Super 7 fin 10+

Soldato
Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Is anyone getting an AIO cooler for the LGA1700. I have an NZXT X52 240mm and NZXT aren't being too forthcoming with info on when their updated bracket will be available. Anyone have an idea which other AIO devices are compatible?

I missed out on getting DDR5 Memory when I pre-ordered so that might screw me over anyway.

Associate
With the cashback promotion the prices aren't to bad at all tbh ... must resist the unreal urge to upgrade from my 10900k/ Maximus Formula XII to a 12900K/ Maximus Hero as i play at 4k and will basically see no difference there but should make a nice difference in benchmarks :cry: With the cash back promotion the price would be identical to what i paid for my 10900k/MB setup from OC 2 years back which was £1030 so nice to see its still reasonable on price/performance ratio. As much as i would love to do the swap i think i will wait till 13th gen next year when DDR5 etc has matured some more :)

Soldato
Is anyone getting an AIO cooler for the LGA1700. I have an NZXT X52 240mm and NZXT aren't being too forthcoming with info on when their updated bracket will be available. Anyone have an idea which other AIO devices are compatible?

I’d go for a socket 1700 specific Intel cooler not a rehashed AM4 one with a bracket. Looking at the potential power use of Alderlake a custom Intel block and 120.3 50mm rad.

Associate
I currently have an 8700k but thats going to another home so I will need a new one regardless. Being so early a lot of the listing haven't been updated with the new socket support.

Back
Top Bottom