Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Soldato
So is Baldwin culpable in any way? I would assume that if someone handed you a gun and said it was unloaded you would still be in a certain amout of **** if you then pointed it at someone without checking it yourself and shot them.
Its to early to say for sure but at the moment he doesnt apear to be. The focus seems to be on the other 3 people that handled the gun.

Soldato
Dude, you're literally delusional. I provided that link (the podcast) to you :cry:
As I said before I was using your source. Lets quote myself. Pottsey said "as per your source that you posted from the full interview from your link."

So now you are no longer confused and now understand we are talking about your source that you posted. You said "she literally said she didn't know how to do a significant part of the job - handling blanks." in reference to doing her job. So where in your source that you posted does she say that? What timestamp? Where in the transcript of that interview does she say that?

Caporegime
As I said before I was using your source. Lets quote myself. Pottsey said "as per your source that you posted from the full interview from your link."

So now you are no longer confused and now understand we are talking about your source that you posted. You said "she literally said she didn't know how to do a significant part of the job - handling blanks." in reference to doing her job. So where in your source that you posted does she say that? What timestamp? Where in the transcript of that interview does she say that?

Talking rubbish again. Please please seek medical help.

My source is the full podcast interview and the transcript both links which have been provided to you time and time again.

Caporegime
Still no sources from you I see. I guess like Dowie you are one big hypocrite.

Not quite sure how I'm a hypocrite here? Literally, everything I've commented on re: the incident itself is based on sources I can quite easily just cite (and/or have likely already provided).

Soldato
Talking rubbish again. Please please seek medical help.
Yes my source is the source you provided. You posted it first and then I used it as a source. If you think someone needs medical help over that you have major problems.

You made a statement; you provided a source where that statement came from. I listened to that source and it does not contain what you say it does.

I quoted you multiple times making that claim. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35203115

Dis86 said in regards to doing her job “You're negating the fact that she didn't say she was just nervous, she literally said she didn't know how to do a significant part of the job - handling blanks.”

Only she never literally said that. You lied and made that up.

Caporegime
Yes my source is the source you provided. You posted it first and then I used it as a source. If you think someone needs medical help over that you have major problems.

You made a statement; you provided a source where that statement came from. I listened to that source and it does not contain what you say it does.

I quoted you multiple times making that claim. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35203115

Dis86 said in regards to doing her job “You're negating the fact that she didn't say she was just nervous, she literally said she didn't know how to do a significant part of the job - handling blanks.”

Only she never literally said that. You lied and made that up.

Deluded again...

“HANNAH GUTIERREZ: Dad has taught me everything
GUTIERREZ: I think loading blanks was the scariest thing to me, because I was, like, oh, I don't know anything about it. But he taught me that. And eventually by the time I was trying to figure out how to make a specific blank go when you want it to,

Caporegime
And he used it as his source…. Have you had a stroke? It’s really not hard to understand? I’m not even reading the thread and can tell what’s going on.

Clearly not because he claimed, as I've posted above that it was provided to me. Perhaps if you read it you'd have a clue. Saying that...its you, clueless is an apt descriptor.

Soldato
Clearly not because he claimed, as I've posted above that it was provided to me. Perhaps if you read it you'd have a clue. Saying that...its you, clueless is an apt descriptor.

I understood which source he was referring to, you didn’t. Either that poster and I have some kind of psychic connection, or I’m simply better at understanding and reading communication than you. Plus I’m not trying to bitterly point score over minutia that don’t really matter in the context of the conversation when ever I post.

Caporegime
I understood which source he was referring to, you didn’t. Either that poster and I have some kind of psychic connection, or I’m simply better at understanding and reading communication than you. Plus I’m not trying to bitterly point score over minutia that don’t really matter in the context of the conversation when ever I post.

Erm...its not unclear which source he's referring to. That's not even the point being discussed. As you could tell if you had the sense to read before trying to be a major success then you'd see the point is who he is attributing the source to.

No psychic link, you're just both about as intelligent as one another.

Soldato
Yes my source is the source you provided.

Pure delusion......

@Dis86 , he's dragging you down a hole of whataboutery and strawmen. It's all he's good at.

My prediction is the assistant director will be the scape goat here despite the inexperienced armourer and the should know better actor, both should face charges.

Don
I just don't understand how anyone can be handed a gun - prop gun or otherwise - and pull the trigger without first checking whether it's safe. Maybe it's just me because I grew up around guns.

@Dis86 and @Pottsey - give it a rest. You are arguing for the sake of it now and neither of you is going to win.

Caporegime
Pure delusion......

@Dis86 , he's dragging you down a hole of whataboutery and strawmen. It's all he's good at.

My prediction is the assistant director will be the scape goat here despite the inexperienced armourer and the should know better actor, both should face charges.

Funny, that's a few people that have pointed that out about him now! ;)

Caporegime
I just don't understand how anyone can be handed a gun - prop gun or otherwise - and pull the trigger without first checking whether it's safe. Maybe it's just me because I grew up around guns.

@Dis86 and @Pottsey - give it a rest. You are arguing for sake of it now and neither of you is going to win.

You're a bit late to the party on that, it's been the main discussion point of the thread with those of us who have any firearms experience pointing it out and those with none trying to argue otherwise despite being clueless on the matter.

Soldato
Deluded again...
That is from when she was talking about the start of her training at 16 year old's not when she was doing the job as head armorer this year and you said she couldn't do a significant part of the job as head armorer which was load blanks. You where clearly talking about her role this year in 2021. You did it again you missed the next line "But he taught me that." meaning she does know now how to load blanks as she was taught by a expert in the field.

Let me break it down for you. Before she was trained on loading blanks she was scared of them back years ago when she was very young before she had expreince, she then got trained by an expert in the field. This was all before she got the job as head armorer. This was all years ago. Over those 8 years she had training by an expert in the field and field expreince shadowing that expert doing his job. By the time she was Head armorer she was trained and had expreince around using blanks. Meaning your statement that as head amourer "she didn't know how to do a significant part of the job - handling blanks." is a major mistake on your part. Which in turn means all your comments based on her not knowing how to do a "significant part of the job" are also wrong based on a false premises that you created.

"Clearly not because he claimed, as I've posted above that it was provided to me. Perhaps if you read it you'd have a clue. Saying that...its you, clueless is an apt descriptor."
Yes because I stated I provided you where my source came from. The link that you provided. Plus other people posted the link, "Pottsey said "as per your source that you posted from the full interview from your link."

EDIT: Just seen Rilot alert.
I proved my point and provided facts so I am happy to drop it.

Man of Honour

It's not just you. I didn't grow up around guns. I've never handled a real gun. I still know that you don't pull the trigger without first checking whether it's safe. It's a really, really basic rule. Personally, I wouldn't pull the trigger unless I had personally checked it and it hadn't left my possession since I checked it. If I didn't know how, I would learn how. It's a gun. Not a water pistol. And yes, that applies even if someone else has checked it. Even if they've checked it properly, which obviously didn't happen in this case.

I think there's another issue as well. It's obvious that appropriate safety procedures were not followed since nobody checked the gun well enough to find the live round in it. The presence of the live round in the gun should have been detected by at least one of the people who should have checked the gun. But I think there's a relevant question from earlier in the chain of events - why was the live round in the gun in the first place? Someone put it there. Who? Why? The failure of safety procedures failed to detect a situation that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

@Dis86 and @Pottsey - give it a rest. You are arguing for the sake of it now and neither of you is going to win.

They're not even arguing about the same thing. Pottsey at alia are arguing about whether the armourer was comfortable loading blanks (she wasn't at some point in the past, but that doesn't mean she isn't now) and Dis86 is arguing about whether the armourer has had any significant experience in that role (and since everyone arguing with him absolutely refuses to provide any evidence that the armourer has any such experience, I think it's fair to conclude that Dis86 is right and the armourer doesn't have any such experience).

Back
Top Bottom