PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
It can be done for a good bit cheaper if you buy different regions 12 month memberships and redeem using VPNs. I got 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold for £66 on Friday (3 x Turkey codes) and used the £1 upgrade offer for GamePass Ultimate. Sp £67 all in for 3 years of GamePass Ultimate.

I'm trying this method, first time doing this. Also using Turkey region codes at £24.99 each. The first two codes redeemed perfectly fine, however the third 12 month code just gives me

This code wasn't found–try re-entering it. If the code is damaged, contact the seller. Invalid characters are A, E, I, O, U, L, S, 0, 1 and 5.

I've contacted CDKeys but waiting on their response. I hope I haven't just lost £25.

Soldato
What is everyone's experience using Cloud Gaming? I just played some Banjo-Kazooie and the little connection icon kept popping up in the corner. There's a very slight delay to input from what I've seen, but nothing that would ruin the game. The on the odd time, the screen would look like it refreshed the screen but no noticeable lag or delay. Just done a speedtest and it comes out at 88Mbps, so this I would have thought wouldn't have issues. Anyone else getting these or an flawless connection?

Caporegime
OP
What is everyone's experience using Cloud Gaming? I just played some Banjo-Kazooie and the little connection icon kept popping up in the corner. There's a very slight delay to input from what I've seen, but nothing that would ruin the game. The on the odd time, the screen would look like it refreshed the screen but no noticeable lag or delay. Just done a speedtest and it comes out at 88Mbps, so this I would have thought wouldn't have issues. Anyone else getting these or an flawless connection?

On my old FTTC (70Mbps max) I could play perfectly well via Chrome/Edge but the picture went a bit fuzzy now and again. Using the Xbox app, I'd be lucky if I could get more than 60 seconds of gameplay before I had to stop. It seems the Xbox app is using a different method as the quality seems higher but you need a better connection.

Now on my new FTTP, both work flawlessly. Occasionally the Xbox app will complain with the network indicator appearing but the image itself doesn't degrade or become unresponsive.

Soldato
Has anyone got any idea why I am being offered "489.00 Rupees a month, Buy PC 1 month and get 7 months free"? (No, not using VPN), seems both sketchy and too good to be true, also if I navigate the site differently i'm offered, 1 month for £1 then £7.99 P/M?

Confused.

Soldato
Has anyone got any idea why I am being offered "489.00 Rupees a month, Buy PC 1 month and get 7 months free"? (No, not using VPN), seems both sketchy and too good to be true, also if I navigate the site differently i'm offered, 1 month for £1 then £7.99 P/M?

Confused.
That's a legit deal that Indian customers are getting. How did you manage to get access to it?

Tons of people outside of India have been trying and failing.

Soldato
That's a legit deal that Indian customers are getting. How did you manage to get access to it?

Tons of people outside of India have been trying and failing.

I have no idea. All i'm doing is clicking on the MS servics and subs page, and the clicking Xbox Game Pass for PC -RE-SUBSCRIBE.

Not sure what to do, I don't mind risking less than a fiver for potentially 8 months of gaming, but also not sure whether go thru a Indian VPN? I dont have access to one right now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Literally spent hours fixing game pass over past few days - it wouldn't let me install FM7 after upgrading to Win11Pro with some 0x80070005 error and I went through all sorts of nonsense:
  • Repairing/reseting Xbox app and MS Store
  • wsreset
  • powershell stuff
  • remoing Gaming Services from registry
  • Taking ownership / granting full control to various folders
  • Stopping some services and renaming folders
  • sfc /scannow
Was able to install it fine creating another windows user but then it still wouldn't work on my main account. Then it got even worse and other games stopped working with various access issues.
Finally got it working after all the above and more, then repairing and reseting Gaming Services.

All in all a massive faff, can't say I'm a fan of the way WindowsApps are handled with the DRM or whatever, it's way too flaky when it comes to anything changing in terms of your user account setup etc. Maybe I'm oldschool but I much prefer the simple system where a game was a standalone install, all you need to do to play it is run an exe in the folder job done, can easily copy the directory around between drives, PCs etc.

Man of Honour
Just tried it for the first time. Seemed very easy to use and worked fine, maybe a bit of input lag but not too horrendous for offline play. TBH I'd completely overlooked this but it might be a good option for playing on a laptop or something away from home, although the need for a good internet connection could be a bit of a paradox due to dodgy hotel wifi etc.

Caporegime

A bit flakey at the moment i have found.

Quite impressive in a way though. I sold my Xbox Series X and now all of a sudden and can play all the xbox gamepass games on my PC via the cloud and it even uses all the saves i originally had!

Havent tried many yet, but from what i have, graphics settings/framerates aren't wonderful (Fallout 4 for example).

Can see it being amazing for playing on a non gaming laptop when you are away or something (or even if you dont have a proper gpu on your desktop).

Soldato
anyone else xbox app do some random stuff around collections

1. open it NO games
2.close it & reopen 2 games
3. close & reopen 3 games
3. leave it for 2 minutes 9 games
4. leave it 30 seconds more 12 games

seem to be worse if you downloading at full speed which makes no sense

like WTF? all games are on SSD

Associate
I just signed up to the 3mths for £1 offer mainly so I could try MSFS. The store is now stuck trying to install xbox gaming services and MSFS and failing with err code 0x80073CF3.

A quick search shows this to be a common problem with lots of suggested fixes. I have tried a few of the basic ones with no success.

IIRC at least I have 30 days to claim my £1 back if it doesn't fix itself.

Soldato
I just signed up to the 3mths for £1 offer mainly so I could try MSFS. The store is now stuck trying to install xbox gaming services and MSFS and failing with err code 0x80073CF3.

A quick search shows this to be a common problem with lots of suggested fixes. I have tried a few of the basic ones with no success.

IIRC at least I have 30 days to claim my £1 back if it doesn't fix itself.

It won't fix itself. The first thing I would try to do is clear the MS Store cache

Back
Top Bottom