Halo Infinite Mulitplayer (free and out now)

Soldato
I'm not a Halo guy, the console releases for the most part passed me by while I was playing Quake 3 or CS on the PC. However, i'm glad they delayed this a year after that shocking E3 preview. You can see the difference in the development time. Tonnes of options to tweak and caters for the PC crowd properly. Quite a long TTK but I believe that is mostly how Halo is supposed to be. I've always been aware that you are supposed to take the shields down and then mostly finish with a good elbow to the face. I don't know a single weapon from the previous games. So I have no idea if these weapons on a timer are any good or not. Some feel incredibly weak but some are very fun to use, like the shotgun or the plasma rifle that can shoot horizontal / vertical.

I can definitely see myself dipping into games for 90 minutes here and there, easy to pick up and play.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying it. Playing ranked mostly. I wish there was more of a feedback with how the game thinks you did after each match. Atm you get a tiny bar and you can't tell if it's gone up or down. Just seems static.

Soldato
Is there a Battle royale mode on this? Cross play and team BR mide would have my attention in a substitute for Warzone if its good enough

Soldato
Errrr no! i hate BR games and to add one to halo just wouldnt be right.
I don’t see the issue, you (anyone) doesn’t have to play BR mode or any other mode if it’s available.
Same as Warzone BR, peolle dknt have to play it and can play standard multiplayer modes instead. Personally I play the standard multiplayer modes alone and BR is mates as its more of a close team game.
Multiplayer you don’t need to work together spotting enemies or anything, BR you do

Associate
Just hate br modes/games in general...i was very worried every game would just be br and it would be the end of the classic tdm lol i just cant stand them, they dont need to be in every game and im happy they arnt haha

Halo is awesome just how it is, download it and have a game, it actually takes quite a bit of skill to get good because of the ttk.

Soldato
Not sure halo br could work. They'd have to remove vehicles as they are quite tanky and mobile.

Also game performance would be an issue. They'd have to reduce the number of total players.

Either way they haven't got it planned. Current multiplayer is ace.

Soldato
Why do mouse users always want cross play and a mode where most combat happens at very long distances?

What, im way more of a close quarters player. Shoot house is my favourite map in Modern Warfare

Its funny watching pad players (be it console or pad connected to PC) up close, the movement looks shocking. Like a big sweep accross the screen

Associate
Just played it was very much a fun game - reminded me a little of unreal tournament 2004 gameplay. Great game to say it's free and I'd go as far as saying its better than BF 2042

Associate
Just played it was very much a fun game - reminded me a little of unreal tournament 2004 gameplay. Great game to say it's free and I'd go as far as saying its better than BF 2042
Yep MUCH better than 2042, i have to say this is prob my fave halo for online play ive played so far...its great fun

J.D

J.D

Soldato
Anyone else getting instant crashing to desktop? Zero error, no warning. Literally instant CTD's...

No but this game tanks a lot of use out of my system so maybe slight instability on an already in place overclock or, possibly thermal related as my case window has been warm when playing. Hopefully it's not a failing part as those can be more difficult to figure out but if it's only happening in Halo then I'd probably begin monitoring & logging temps.

J.D

J.D

Soldato
I was about to buy the battle pass until I found out I'd have to buy it every season which might end up in 3-4 seasons per year if it's in line with seasons like Rocket League or Apex. I'm not paying £32 per year in Halo when it's £8 for as long as the game is alive and you complete the battle pass requirements for other games.

If they change the model to match the other passes, I'll buy it but don't think it's worth the money as it is. Still enjoying the game though and it's just cosmetics but I hope they change it.

Back
Top Bottom