Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Man of Honour
Some fraud has happened on my Monzo account overnight, about £500 to Sky Bet. I’ve cancelled the cards and I’m on hold on the live chat to them now. This might be the final straw for me depending on how fast they react. I miss that I could ring First Direct and have someone answer usually in seconds.

Edit, card has been blocked, new one en route and they have said they will investigate and let me know within 24h.

Last edited:
Associate
Though I'd ask this here as sort of relevant.

Anyone bank with Barclays and use the Android Contactless Mobile? If so, do you get the Default App issues popping up now and then?

I get this all all the time so I've stopped using Barclays with Android and use other cards.

Soldato

Anyone bank with Barclays and use the Android Contactless Mobile? If so, do you get the Default App issues popping up now and then?

Yes I do, I presume its because Ive updated the Barclays app and Android tries to make Google pay the default whilst the update is happening

Soldato

You don't get Barclaycard Cashback if you use the app; stick to the card. Front any transactions if you really want app payment using Curve/Samsung Pay. Slightly more complex but it's garbage that Barclaycard implemented their own app.

Soldato
I get this all all the time so I've stopped using Barclays with Android and use other cards.

Yes I do, I presume its because Ive updated the Barclays app and Android tries to make Google pay the default whilst the update is happening

Thanks both, yes rather annoying.

Mobile payments deactivated on me whilst I was out the other day, was pretty embarrassing. No route cause really found, I've lost faith if I'm honest. A complaint was raised and a fee was provided to close it.

You don't get Barclaycard Cashback if you use the app; stick to the card. Front any transactions if you really want app payment using Curve/Samsung Pay. Slightly more complex but it's garbage that Barclaycard implemented their own app.

I don't use the Barclaycard app, but the Barclays app Barclays were ahead of the game years ago. Things have now moved on - so should they.

Barclays stop you using Samsung and Google Pay due to this, not interested in Curve :)

Man of Honour
Some fraud has happened on my Monzo account overnight, about £500 to Sky Bet. I’ve cancelled the cards and I’m on hold on the live chat to them now. This might be the final straw for me depending on how fast they react. I miss that I could ring First Direct and have someone answer usually in seconds.

Edit, card has been blocked, new one en route and they have said they will investigate and let me know within 24h.
Faith restored somewhat. I was refunded by midday without any resistance and my new card arrived today. I'm still baffled how my card was used, I rarely use it and I have a virtual card for any online payments where my Amex isn't accepted.

Soldato
Faith restored somewhat. I was refunded by midday without any resistance and my new card arrived today. I'm still baffled how my card was used, I rarely use it and I have a virtual card for any online payments where my Amex isn't accepted.

Happened to me years ago with an Alliance & Leicester account, card never used until some fraudster used it to book some flights via Travelpack. I got refunded the next day after it was reported.

Commissario
Revolut have emailed me telling me I need to get a new card. Gone into the app and although the card is 'free', it seems it's £4.99 for the card and £4.99 delivery.

I've not used it since September 2018, may as well close it.

Soldato
I got the same email but ws able to order a standard (I think that's the term, I don't remember exactly) card for free with free delivery. I could pay to choose one of the different cards but didn't

Currently I have a Mastercard and Visa but they don't offer a choice any more so it'll be Mastercard only.

Commissario
I checked all through the app multiple times but there was no option for a free card. Even the standard one showed £4.99 and £4.99 delivery.

I don’t use it, I only got it for when I went to Germany in 2018 and ironically the card was refused when I tried to use it for the first time to pay for the taxi from the airport.

I’ve closed my account.

Soldato
I got a free card + delivery from Revolut few years ago when I signed up as they had a promo on. Never used it and probably won't pay for another one when it expires. I do use a Revolut virtual card linked with GPay which I use on the Wetherspoons app etc.

Associate
I got a full cooked breakfast and unlimited coffee refills for less than a fiver last weekend while I had my car in the garage. :cool:

I dunno how people eat that breakfast the sausages are rank, once was enough for me

Then again if the pub serves food and is part of a chain I will tend to order a curry or chilli as chef mike cannot mess that up

some places it’s a challenge to cook a burger

Back
Top Bottom