Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Toto said in an interview with CH4 that they just didn't get the softs into the optimal window before the start of the lap and they didn't want to mess about with a tow as it's not something they have much experience of.

End of the day, unless Bottas performed Max was always either P1 or P2 and with his starts, the softer tyre and his late braking his was likely to be P1 by the end of the first lap anyway!

It's not the optimal for Merc but I don't think it's too much to be worried about at this point. If Max gets away from the start and pulls a massive gap it's time to worry.

Soldato
I doubt it. He's too concerned about his image, especially as an older driver who wants to move onto other things, Max isn't.

Titles that go down to the wire like this usually end up problem ridden for the contenders (like Lewis first WDC). So my money is on Lando for Sunday, chuffed with his quali today.
Yep, can't help thinking something daft is going to happen and it will all be over pretty quickly. Always is in these hype building occasions.

What I would find really funny is Max tries to take them out, takes himself out, Lewis limps around, gets a new wing or something, recovers to get a point.

To add Senna got taken out by prost sort of, limped back to the pits, got enough points to win the championship then later was disqualified for cutting a chicane which was where they crashed originally.

Associate
You guys know a safety car favours the longer runner. If it’s lap one they probably won’t dive in pits. If it’s early they all dive in so is net neutral. If it’s after max pits he is probably screwed.

Associate
Lewis fan declared but I think he's in great shape. Let Max run off on his softs and follow. Wait for his tyres to go off. Pass in pits. No need for risk

Associate
Had an Email earlier from NowTV offering the Race streaming for free tomorrow ( I only subscribe to the entertainment channel ) . I'll probably watch it there, really dont like the CH4 coverage these days .

Soldato
Had an Email earlier from NowTV offering the Race streaming for free tomorrow ( I only subscribe to the entertainment channel ) . I'll probably watch it there, really dont like the CH4 coverage these days .

The build up is C4 but thought they said they're switching to the Sky feed for the race. So I guess it depends how much of the show you watch.

Soldato
Yep, can't help thinking something daft is going to happen and it will all be over pretty quickly. Always is in these hype building occasions.

Max will take him out at some point and still win on points even if they both come a cropper. Its typical he can't get in pole without cheating sneaking a draft from a teammate, he'll stop at nothing to get in front.

Soldato
I doubt it. He's too concerned about his image, especially as an older driver who wants to move onto other things, Max isn't.
I don't think anyone would hold it against him if he takes a slightly reckless dive on Max with 2-3 laps to go for the championship. Max has done it to him 5 times and forced him off. The only difference would be that it'd be far more spectacular because Max doesn't know how to yield. He'll get punted off like a balloon at a children's party ala Silverstone and we'll have to endure Karen Horner's wailing and gnashing of teeth for a little while until it all calms down. I'd love the karma of it personally!

Associate
The build up is C4 but thought they said they're switching to the Sky feed for the race. So I guess it depends how much of the show you watch.
Yeah depends on wether the Nowtv includes any build up or post race. If its purely race then I might as well watch Ch4 and try not to put my foot through the Tv when Coulthard gets going.

Man of Honour
Max will take him out at some point and still win on points even if they both come a cropper. Its typical he can't get in pole without cheating sneaking a draft from a teammate, he'll stop at nothing to get in front.

He won't, it's oretty clear that if Max deliberately takes him out there will be a point penalty coming, meaning Lewis would take the title

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Folks, how can I watch this (legally)?

I have sky but not sports/F1, is there a day pass or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom