Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Merc could hardly have known all that at the point the SC started and they decided not to pit Lewis for the second time though

It was still the correct call though, subject to the rules the teams were following. It only wasn't because Masi just made up his own rule.

Caporegime
Only saw it once since but the Toto screaming 'NO NO NO MICHAEL, THAT IS NOT RIGHT' as Lewis is attempting to chase Max after the overtake and Croft doing his best to hype it seemed a pretty iconic moment lol.

Soldato
That was the biggest BS ending to a season ever. What a joke.
The FIA should be ashamed of what has happened, this is not sportsmanship.

Should run a 3 lap race for the top five or top 2 and let the racing do the talking.
Disgrace

Soldato
Talking about Massi this season on sky. Both on the fence and protecting his "very difficult" role. I feel someone should come out and be truthful...he needs to be sacked. He has completely failed in his role all season by definition.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Love rosbergs engine cut idea if you go off track

Yeah I've hit that cut off in the Palmersport cars. Thought the same myself. Could be dangerous but if there's rules on rejoining the track then it could be managed. Lot of margin for that system failing however, so likely never be implemented.

Associate
Talking about Massi this season on sky. Both on the fence and protecting his "very difficult" role. I feel someone should come out and be truthful...he needs to be sacked. He has completely failed in his role all season by definition.

Lots of calls on twitter for Massi to be assassinated, some offering up to 10 bitcoin.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Only saw it once since but the Toto screaming 'NO NO NO MICHAEL, THAT IS NOT RIGHT' as Lewis is attempting to chase Max after the overtake and Croft doing his best to hype it seemed a pretty iconic moment lol.
I laughed at the message but there needs to be a reason to speak to the race director.

At least RB whinge about stuff.

Having open comms like that was poor by Merc.

Soldato
That would be pretty sad if they responded quite petulantly like that. Lewis responded brilliantly straight after the race in interview and was very graceful in defeat. Showing maturity, rather than the brattish behaviour we often see from drivers.

Absolutely agree with that, though also agree with what someone said earlier that with Lewis at this stage of his career it's easier to be more magnanimous than young hot heads. That's not taking anything away from Lewis his reaction was spot on.

Soldato
That was the first race I have had chance to watch for a while and it was all going fairly well until the end! I switched it off while they were recovering the Williams as it was either going to sit behind the safety car and be boring or be a sprint where Max had the tyre advantage. I presume that they just let some of the lapped cars through and not others then bought the safety car in that lap rather than the following one?

It is congratulations to Max and very bad hard luck to Lewis at this point :( . Even with the protest it will be against the FIA for not following the regulations and it would not be fair to penalise the car that made the best of it. This then becomes where business meets sport as there are millions of pounds at stake between the winner and second and down the grid where the results may have changed for cars.

Caporegime
I'm not sure it was deliberately to benefit Max I just think Masi panicked

Not so sure, although yes, Hanlon's Razor might well apply. Masi is clearly quite stupid.

If he had an ounce of common sense and wanted an actual proper fight at the end, he should have red flagged it and allowed for them both to get brand new softs. That at least would have given them a level playing field AND been within the regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom