Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Masi making it up as he goes along seems to have just made a middle ground rule between letting lapped cars pass and not, maybe next years rules will have a 'let them race' rule overide

I highly doubt either protest will go anywhere, not sure what the point of protesting the overtaking under the sc, i guess hoping for penalty points rather than changing the race

Caporegime
I laughed at the message but there needs to be a reason to speak to the race director.

At least RB whinge about stuff.

Having open comms like that was poor by Merc.

Toto hasnt' quite reached Horner's level of using Whiting's death as a stick to beat Masi with (fairly vile)

But his 'don't safety car, you can't' before that also was pathetic lol. 'If the marshals get hit so be it'

Caporegime
Although you've tried to remain neutral in your posts the tone in how you respond to others would suggest you're more than happy to be Max/Red Bull leaning :p (Unless you are a Max fan and I'm misinterpreting)
Don't really care about either driver but favoured Max and Red Bull rather than another Hamilton and Mercedes win this season. Only driver I really support atm is Norris.

Caporegime
Talking about Massi this season on sky. Both on the fence and protecting his "very difficult" role. I feel someone should come out and be truthful...he needs to be sacked. He has completely failed in his role all season by definition.

Masi has faced two extraordinarily difficult seasons before he had a chance to really settle in to the role. That said, if he doesn't improve her should go.

I think he was desperate to have a racing finish but, in that case, he said have red flagged it and let them have 3 or 4 laps to decide it.

Soldato
The move at the start was totally fair. Hamilton gunning it over the run off and gaining advantage, whilst keeping position, not so much.
So Lewis should always concede corners when Max drives him off track? That's basically what your you are saying. It's effectively the same result. Max can force him off then moan that he gained an advantage if he manages to stay ahead. A different rule book for Max again.

Soldato
It was still the correct call though, subject to the rules the teams were following. It only wasn't because Masi just made up his own rule.

It was a judgement call, no one knew how long the SC was going to be out, we were all guessing at the time.

You do seem to be ascribing some hindsight to Mercs calls.

Soldato
That would be pretty sad if they responded quite petulantly like that. Lewis responded brilliantly straight after the race in interview and was very graceful in defeat. Showing maturity, rather than the brattish behaviour we often see from drivers.

It's all numbers, if they get the 2022 regs wrong you could very easily see them leave in a couple of years time (contracts allowing) I doubt the VW group will step in to take their place if this type of rule bending continues.

F1 is massive for Mecedes if they are winning, not so much if they end up mid pack.

Caporegime
It was a judgement call, no one knew how long the SC was going to be out, we were all guessing at the time.

You do seem to be ascribing some hindsight to Mercs calls.

No i'm not. Merc made the correct call if the FIA regulations were followed. Max's pit was just a pure gamble because they had NOTHING else to lose.

If the regulations were followed, Lewis would have won.

Caporegime
Don't really care about either driver but favoured Max and Red Bull rather than another Hamilton and Mercedes win this season. Only driver I really support atm is Norris.

Yeah I don't think you'd quite have the same tune had roles been reversed for the exact same outcome today :D

At least it was a fantastic season up to that point after the previous snoozers.

Caporegime
How can max get away with that swerving? Isn’t that against the rules?

Also lol @ Horner, first he’s thanking Latifi for crashing then says it was a great call to pit to go on the softs. What a douchebag.

Associate
TBH as a lay viewer, I'd fed up of all this talk about boring regulations. I'm falling asleep watching Sky just as much as someone talking about the offside rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom