Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
"The Stewards determine that although Car 33 did at one stage, for a very short period of time, move slightly in front of Car 44, at a time when both cars where accelerating and braking, it moved back behind Car 44 and it was not in front when the Safety Car period ended"

So... Yes, he did overtake, but when the safety car ended he was behind so it's fine(??).

Ok then, one driver either side of the leader behind the safety car, just nudge forwards and backwards a bit from time to time. As long as he's ahead at the safety car line it's all good. (!?)

Soldato
Merc's legal and political team are poor compared to RB, for the SC process two rules were broken but they only appealed one of them, and wasted time on the Max overtaking Lewis behind SC.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Just applying the rules as written would have done.

Would it?

I don't want to see a championship decider ended under the safety car. And that's what we're essentially saying should have happened.

I'll say this, I'm very glad indeed that it was a Mercedes-engined car that crashed to bring out the safety car...I can't imagine the ruckus if it'd been Perez or one of the Alpha Tauris.

Caporegime
This is my third race and its really soured it for me. I understand people think its exciting but this is a farce.

When I was a kid, F1 was all over the telly wherever you went (South Africa). Murray Walker's voice may as well have been the official voice of Sundays back then. It was an epic sport, a proper spectacle and it drew everyone to watch it. I fell out of love with it about 20 years ago and didn't really watch it at all, until last weekend when the hype was tenable. After last weekend and this weekend, I'm happy to put the sport behind me for another 20 years. This was absolute tosh, far too many variables inserted for dramatic effect, the actual performance of the drivers comes second to the "show" of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom