Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EVH

EVH

Don
on the day that they were undoubtably opened up to a whole new audience with all the media hype going on. Can't see anyone who was new to the sport today sticking it on that showing
If you don’t know the rules and were tuning in as an average fan…. Does it look like anything more than a last lap overtake by Max?

Soldato
If you don’t know the rules and were tuning in as an average fan…. Does it look like anything more than a last lap overtake by Max?
The wife watched it with me as a complete one off and even she understood the farce around it.

Soldato
This is my third race and its really soured it for me. I understand people think its exciting but this is a farce.

Man of Honour
"The Stewards determine that although Car 33 did at one stage, for a very short period of time, move slightly in front of Car 44, at a time when both cars where accelerating and braking, it moved back behind Car 44 and it was not in front when the Safety Car period ended"

So... Yes, he did overtake, but when the safety car ended he was behind so it's fine(??).

Ok then, one driver either side of the leader behind the safety car, just nudge forwards and backwards a bit from time to time. As long as he's ahead at the safety car line it's all good. (!?)

Caporegime
I don't disagree that it would take some figuring out.

But there has to be something more satisfactory than whatever the hell today was.

Put someone in charge who can read and follow the rules to the letter.

Soldato
Merc's legal and political team are poor compared to RB, for the SC process two rules were broken but they only appealed one of them, and wasted time on the Max overtaking Lewis behind SC.

Soldato
So... Yes, he did overtake, but when the safety car ended he was behind so it's fine(??).

Ok then, one driver either side of the leader behind the safety car, just nudge forwards and backwards a bit from time to time. As long as he's ahead at the safety car line it's all good. (!?)

Down the rabbit hole they go.

Soldato
They'll never overturn the decision now, not tonight anyway. They'd have to turn on one of their own in doing so.

Be interesting to see what load of old pony they use to throw it out though!

Soldato
I wonder if this is a new era of F1 where legal team is just as important as engine, aero, driver etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom