Anyone going to be buying £65 PC games?

Associate
OP
Got a source for that? The only edition I've seen anywhere is the one on Epic that initially had the £69.99 tag with all the content and DLC items. That includes the items that were apart of the Deluxe edition on the PS4

It's in the Eurogamer link I originally posted:

Eurogamer said:
In case you were wondering, the "deluxe edition" bundle of Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade will reportedly retail for £90/$95/€105.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-standard-edition-will-cost-gbp65-usd70-on-pc

Soldato
I've bought Collectors Editions before for more, but I struggle to justify things nowadays. Although I dread to think of what I've spent on MMOs over the last 20 years.

Soldato

Does that article not seem odd to you? It talks about the standard being £65 and that it doesn't include a season pass, cosmetic and DLC which besides DLC it's never had a season pass or cosmetic items with the DLC being bundled in the base price.

I'm not saying their wrong, but their the only site out there (so far) claiming this and with the Deluxe items from the playstation being in the standard edition including the cacstar weapon I'm seriously questioning the legitimacy of that claim.

We'll know tomorrow but if there is a Deluxe edition that will be ridiculous for what would be an additional digital art book unless there's unreleased brand new content incoming.

Associate
OP
Does that article not seem odd to you? It talks about the standard being £65 and that it doesn't include a season pass, cosmetic and DLC which besides DLC it's never had a season pass or cosmetic items with the DLC being bundled in the base price.

Maybe Eurogamer got the pricing confused with Forspoken (another Square Enix game where the 'Deluxe' Edition is £90):

Polygon said:
Square Enix, at least, now appears comfortable trying out pricing parity with new-gen consoles on PC, as illustrated by Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade on the Epic Games Store and Forspoken on Steam, which is also listed at $69.99. (In addition, Forspoken will be available in a $94.99 Digital Deluxe bundle.)

https://www.polygon.com/22827986/final-fantasy-7-remake-intergrade-pc-release-date-price

Soldato
Soldato
I wish this would happen but just can't see it for a few years at least.

I agree unfortunately. My 1060 will manage my current back catalogue just fine, but anything new has been and will be on the PS5. I'd love a reason to get a new monitor too but there's no point pushing my current GPU beyond its capabilities so I'll make do with what I've got.

Soldato
Nope, a game has to be on deep sale, finished and have good peer reviews for me to buy, no live service BS either, that's a hard no. I suppose technically on MMO is LS, but with FFXIV I know what I am getting and top quality is assured. There's definitely a big difference in a quality long standing MMO like ESO, and a new title like Anthem, or that Marvel's Avengers garbage with very little content.

Man of Honour
Nah no danger; its one of the reasons I decided to come back to PC Gaming from Console; the prices were getting out of hand.
I paid £35 for BF2042 and £37 for COD: Vanguard; that's my purchasing done for the year!

Only time I've caved was MSFS but I got a discount code and bought the Premium Deluxe so it was like £55 instead of £120

Associate
Same as most of you, I have such a backlog that I wait for the sales, second hand copies etc. Very very rarely will I buy something new. Last was Diablo 2 Resurrected and I feel burned by that one.

Soldato
Spent about 100 quid on Tarkov so I’m probably the type of mug this is aimed at. :(

:cry::cry:

I think the last game i bought at full price would have been The Division 2. Prior to that would probably have been FO76. So i probably buy one at full price every couple of years. Both games are actually prime examples of why i rarely buy games anymore. They have a lot of build up hype, but then probably 3-6 months of decent game play and then it starts to become tedious / lacking in new content, and probably worst of all if you load it up in another 6 months time there's no one left who plays it :D. I remember loading FO76 and TD2 after about a year of not playing it and both games have practically died.

Soldato
:cry::cry:

I think the last game i bought at full price would have been The Division 2. Prior to that would probably have been FO76. So i probably buy one at full price every couple of years. Both games are actually prime examples of why i rarely buy games anymore. They have a lot of build up hype, but then probably 3-6 months of decent game play and then it starts to become tedious / lacking in new content, and probably worst of all if you load it up in another 6 months time there's no one left who plays it :D. I remember loading FO76 and TD2 after about a year of not playing it and both games have practically died.

last full bubble game i got was Elite dangerous (game and life time pass for i think it was £80 - i actually paid a lot more than that but that was for a bunch of extra fluff i didnt need. the actual game package was £80.

before that it wasgears of war 3 on the XB360. suffice to say I AM usually a savvy shopper... my parents got me MSFS 2020 deluxe for xmas last year at around £80 but that was not me buying it..

that said, i have played Division 2 quite a lot. i think i paid around £20 for the game inc all the DLC...... but that said in truth considering the enjoyment i got from it, in any form of entertainment per hr I must admit i cannot argue that even if i HAD of paid £65 for it i would have gotten my monies worth. We are just lucky imo............ the market is so saturated there is actually little reason to buy games on launch and indeed with all the bugs etc often you end up paying more for a lesser experience.

i guess that may differ slightly for more competetive MP focused games, but i dont play those.

Associate
Only if there was a demo and reviews turned out good, as well as it being the full complete game.

But in the current market, hah, no chance. They're lucky if i spend £20.

I bought Resi 2 for £15ish, but i would have happily paid full price for it. The reason being because the market is so screwed with DLCs and unfinished work i naturally thought Resi 2 would be the same. Still haven't bought Resi 3 as reviews show it's a botched game.

Man of Honour
Depends on the game. Some games I've played for up to 1000 hours. Some I've played for 2. At £65 I would want to try a "demo" first.. it's way too much money to risk on a game you might not even like.

Caporegime
Most expensive game I've bought was civ 6 digital deluxe everything at launch.

Can't remember how much it was but I remember thinking god that's a lot. Could have been 70 dollars ish.

I doubt I'd spend that much again now.

Come to think of it that was the last full price game I've bought. Usually wait for sales or cdkeys.

Back
Top Bottom