Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
lol.jpg

LMAO^
Fantastic!

Soldato
It's a badly written statement.

For instance, the mention that it was Latifi's Williams was wholly unnecessary and only really serves to incite anger towards him (not that I've seen any anger toward him, but still). After all, why not just say "...The circumstances surrounding the use of the Safety Car following the incident on lap 53, and the related communications..."

:confused:

Because they want to shift the attention and blame

Man of Honour
The FIA’s primary responsibility at any event is to ensure the safety of everyone involved and the integrity of the sport.

Integrity of the sport?

Well, that's a massive failure on Masi's part then. Not just this past race, but with remarkable regularity throughout the year.

Soldato
Let's look at the stats then.
Lewis and Michael have won the same number of championships. Lewis has more wins and more pole positions. Out of the other six categories, Michael is lower than Lewis on four of them.

Would you like to rethink your comment about Michael Schumacher being the greatest of all time? Because, as you say, stats ARE everything in sport.
You're ignoring my comment about greatest driver of his era in the greatest car.

Schumacher on the other hand literally built the car he wanted up around him. He fought, and played tough, to get where he did. Hamilton has been handed a lot of it on a plate, despite his incredible talent.

Soldato
I haven't once agreed with that last lap decision, but to belittle another team and drivers accomplishment, where there has clearly been zero favouritism throughout the season, is pretty petty. I assume you're hoping Lewis sees this and you get a knighting, or at least a bump on your government pension :p

I'm all for a good fight, which RB have brought all season. It's actually hilarious that you don't think any other team, including Merc, would take risks in that same position; or in your words "Can only win by nobbling the competition".

You're clearly a massively forgetful fan or just a very new one :cry:

We actually agree on more than you probably think, I am fine about the last lap, other than it's something to sort out for the future, I would never want the title changed because of that. I also like competition, a close fight, and the year we had 7 different winners in the first 7 races was great..

I think you may be reading too much in to my stance on RBR/Max, I just don't like their not very sporting behaviour.. It might just be me, but (just one small example) forcing a crash by brake checking your competitor because he doesn't want to play ball with your cheap shot with the DRS line is about as classy and likeable as Delboy with a filofax :D

And Helmet almost annually threatens to pull out of F1.. he did this a day after the race, god knows why, he'd had lady luck shining on him and no one disputes Max wasn't a worthy title holder (even if he's a bit marmite in terms of his approach), this kind of threat has serious ramifications and only designed to influence decisions in your favour..

Last edited:
Soldato
The whole season has made me contemplate whether I will continue to watch F1 next season. I feel cheated of my time investment and support I have given to the sport over the last 3 decades.

Soldato
The whole season has made me contemplate whether I will continue to watch F1 next season. I feel cheated of my time investment and support I have given to the sport over the last 3 decades.

I’m willing to see how the FIA responds and how next seasons starts.

If this enquiry actually results in genuine change, if Masi stands down or gets sacked, and if the rules are applied consistently next year, it might not be a lost cause.

Soldato
I’m willing to see how the FIA responds and how next seasons starts.

If this enquiry actually results in genuine change, if Masi stands down or gets replaced, and if the rules are applied consistently next year, it might not be a lost cause.

True...perhaps we needed to hit rock bottom to drive change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom