Poll: F1 2022 - Pre-season testing and discussion

Who will win the 2022 Formula 1 constructor's title ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
Chaps,

The Abu Dhabi thread has run it's course with Mercedes dropping their appeal.

With the sheer volume of discussion surrounding the end of year antics and the rumour mill for next year, let's discuss things in here.

So... who wins? Place your bets.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have a hunch it's going to Ferrari's year; they have the drivers, the organisation, and the money to win. Mercedes and McLaren as their main competitors, with Red Bull suffering the hangover of their big push for the victory this year. I don't see Aston or Alpine living up to their ambitions. Haas will be dead last, and either leave the sport altogether or be sold to Papa Mazepin.

(Why is HAAS capitalised in the poll?)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'll chuck a surprise vote in for Ferrari. I think they can surprise and they're like the French rugby team of the world... you never know which version will turn up. The dominant world-beaters or the disarrayed mess :p

What trickery is this with the Poll? I selected Mercedes but it says I voted Alpine!!!!

lol :p
I changed the names and it carried over the votes. It's been reset :D

Soldato
I'll chuck a surprise vote in for Ferrari. I think they can surprise and they're like the French rugby team of the world... you never know which version will turn up. The dominant world-beaters or the disarrayed mess :p

I changed the names and it carried over the votes. It's been reset :D

An interesting take, but they can’t seem to make it work in an era where they have had plenty of practice.

I think it’s a stretch to think they will be dominant next season given the new rules. The only way I can see that happen is if Mercedes and Red Bull rock up with turkeys!

Soldato
Haas should have it sewn up, they've been developing their 2022 car pretty much exclusively haven't they? :p

In reality with such wild aero changes, Red Bull with Newey have to be expected to come out of the traps strong, Mercedes and Ferrari ought to have the resources to get a good solution. Rest of the field could be a bit of a lottery depending on whether any of them hit the aero design jackpot.

Soldato
I placed a vote for Merc, completely baseless at this point, as none of us has any data on the new cars, more of a wish than anything.
I honestly dont care which driver, I'd be happy to see either Lewis or George take it. If McLaren pull a blinder and end up with a competitive car I'd be even happier to see Lando have a successful season.
Verdict is still out whether I'll even bother watching next year, depends on the fallout from this investigation/analysis that the FIA are planning on doing. But as it stands I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from that last race.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Haas should have it sewn up, they've been developing their 2022 car pretty much exclusively haven't they? :p
I see there's a few who think this. Of course, one of them doesn't surprise me :D

Soldato
Just checking the bookies for F1 2022 outright championship and top 5 are:

Lewis Hamilton - 7/4
Max Verstappen - 11/4
George Russell - 10/3
Charles LeClerc - 6/1
Carlos Sainz - 19/1

I think that's crazy good odds for a punt on Sainz who has been the better Ferrari driver this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom