• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
GTX 1650 4GB for £400 available yesterday from a retailer, hurry up! That was fast, its already sold out.Dunno what is more insane, the price or the desperate people snapping them up.Or is it ultimately scalpers selling to scalpers and then selling to scalpers and so on.

If you search every day, I've seen them as low as £320, they only stay around for a couple of hours!

Associate
3080 and 3080ti fe Drops just now and I still haven't managed to follow the link. And load up scan. It's been about 10 minutes. Server traffic must be insanely high I've been cycling around the captcha screen non stop. Just won't load.

Steady 35mbps DL speed and 18ms ping

Soldato
I managed to place an order for a 3080ti.

I am having immediate severe buyers remorse! This is way more power than I need and about twice the price. I had been wanting something like a 3070/3070ti.

I got fomo due to the impossibility of getting any card at a reasonable price, and placed the order because it is the first time I have had the chance to buy a card at msrp for months.

Soldato
I managed to place an order for a 3080ti.

I am having immediate severe buyers remorse! This is way more power than I need and about twice the price. I had been wanting something like a 3070/3070ti.

I got fomo due to the impossibility of getting any card at a reasonable price, and placed the order because it is the first time I have had the chance to buy a card at msrp for months.

Yeh, it's more than I wanted to pay, ideally I wanted a £649 3080 FE, but they aren't making any more of those.

I don't really need one, my 1070 is still doing a great job, even at 3440x1440, and I said I'd never pay this much for a graphics card.

However, we are in extraordinary times at the moment, with miners and scalpers snagging every GPU in sight, and covid killing hundreds of thousands of people, so when the alert popped up tonight I thought I'd give it a go.

No regrets, life really is too short, especially for me at my age! :p

Back
Top Bottom