Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Had to reboot three times today to clear the faults, and it's presently doing it - the level on the camera shows a tilt of 8 degrees and won't move.

You are expecting the camera to rotate with only 8° of tilt? That seems a little low... If I want the camera to rotate, I give it a good tilt to almost 90° and it rotates every time.

Also found that the shake to switch between cameras motion is more like a twisting shake rather than just a shake for it to work.

Soldato
You are expecting the camera to rotate with only 8° of tilt? That seems a little low... If I want the camera to rotate, I give it a good tilt to almost 90° and it rotates every time.

Also found that the shake to switch between cameras motion is more like a twisting shake rather than just a shake for it to work.

No, you misunderstand - I'm not saying I tilt to 8 degrees and expect the camera to swap to landscape; I mean the screen constantly shows an 8 degrees tilt irrespective of how I hold it.

Also, yes, the 'shake' is indeed a full twist motion, and works fine, until my device fails, and as mentioned, all issues clear after a reboot, but today they have happened 3 times - so clearly getting worse (was a couple of times a week before today).

Soldato
I see there is no need about poor reception in P6's...
Am abroad now and losing reception in the restaurant, shops is just annoying...as much as doing same in UK...
Many times thought of going back to S10+ just because of that

Associate
When i first got my pixel 6 I purchased the 2 pack of tempered glass screen protectors from Spigen. The well documented issues with the finger print reader made me get rid of the first one.
I did buy another brand of tempered glass protector that work perfectly but i am just curious if anyone has still got the original Spigen protector on their phone and if so, does the finger print reader work.
I am curious as to whether it was a design fault by Spigen or if the update to the reader allowed the spigen one to work. Cheers.

Associate
When i first got my pixel 6 I purchased the 2 pack of tempered glass screen protectors from Spigen. The well documented issues with the finger print reader made me get rid of the first one.
I did buy another brand of tempered glass protector that work perfectly but i am just curious if anyone has still got the original Spigen protector on their phone and if so, does the finger print reader work.
I am curious as to whether it was a design fault by Spigen or if the update to the reader allowed the spigen one to work. Cheers.

No idea on the Spigen but you can get 3x glass ones on Amazon for £9.99 that work fine, so I'd just get those if you want some spares -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09878DKX9/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_S6HYE2PKK9Z68M80D9XR

Associate
Thank you, i have got a few spares of the ones that worked for me. Was curious if the spigen issue was down to their screen protector or the fingerprint reader. Cheers.

Soldato
Was considering the pixel 6 as a replacement for my OnePlus 7pro, but sounds like it has some serious issues. I'll stick with what I have for a while longer I think.

I would not be as dramatic as that, some people have signal issues in certain circumstances since a December update patch.

It's been acknowledged and will no doubt be patched again soon

Associate
I would not be as dramatic as that, some people have signal issues in certain circumstances since a December update patch.

It's been acknowledged and will no doubt be patched again soon

It will be patched. Since December, my signal issue is 'fixed' by airplane on and off, but obviously, this is not a permanent fix, so I am confident it will be software sorted. Great phone apart from that!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I would only 'stick with what i have' if I had no reason to change. For me my contract was up, the headphones were a nice incentive and I wanted to see what the pixel was like as I had not had one before. Sometimes if you take reviews too deeply its hard to find a perfect product, and generally the unhappy customers shout the loudest leaving all the reviews!

Soldato
I would only 'stick with what i have' if I had no reason to change. For me my contract was up, the headphones were a nice incentive and I wanted to see what the pixel was like as I had not had one before. Sometimes if you take reviews too deeply its hard to find a perfect product, and generally the unhappy customers shout the loudest leaving all the reviews!
This.

Pixel 6 and pro will be great phones once Google fix these major bugs that are present on some phones. But as it stands mine is back in the box and will be sold soon. Not because I dislike it but I just cba waiting for the bugs to get sorted. Small ones, fine. No reception? That's major.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yes now that is a sensible approach and constructive. The norm these days is to make then ship products and worry about the glitches/bugs later! I have no doubt when its a year into its Lifecyle and others are itching to move on to the next best handset, the product will have matured into a beast and hopefully have all the best performance/features squeezed out of it. When a handset is in a good state, keep it for as long as possible.

Soldato
This.

Pixel 6 and pro will be great phones once Google fix these major bugs that are present on some phones. But as it stands mine is back in the box and will be sold soon. Not because I dislike it but I just cba waiting for the bugs to get sorted. Small ones, fine. No reception? That's major.

This is why I had not RMA'd mine yet, and just going to keep hold of it, till they are fixed.

Associate
It's so strange how some phones are fine, others not. Mine is perfect and is probably the best phone I've had. Blows away the Note 20 Ultra and OP 8 and 9 Pros I had. I do understand people not wanting to take a chance though. My advice would be to buy from somewhere you can return the handset and see how you get on.

Soldato
It's so strange how some phones are fine, others not. Mine is perfect and is probably the best phone I've had. Blows away the Note 20 Ultra and OP 8 and 9 Pros I had. I do understand people not wanting to take a chance though. My advice would be to buy from somewhere you can return the handset and see how you get on.

Yeah, I've never had much luck with the pixels. I've suffered from bugs in the past (bluetooth mainly), but the pixel 6 pro has been pretty much flawless since I've had it.

Soldato
Was considering the pixel 6 as a replacement for my OnePlus 7pro, but sounds like it has some serious issues. I'll stick with what I have for a while longer I think.

Coming from the 7T Pro, it still feels better than the mess OOS11 was, mainly notifications being on time. As long as they can sort out the signal issues it's a solid upgrade from the 7 Pro.

Mine has been fine overall and the signal issues I have was not an actual loss of signal, but 5G dropping and not falling back to 4G immediately until a few seconds after. Forcing 4G has solved this but feels wasted not being able to take advantage of 5G.

Back
Top Bottom