How the hell do Currys stay in business?

Man of Honour
Aaaaand Curry's strikes again. Whilst this could be seen as a competitor, I think this serves more as a warning to anyone considering giving them any business to stay the hell away from that utter ****stain of a company/

What's wrong with these images:

This was bought as a deal by someone in Yorkshire for our friend's PC, hence Currys and not Overclockers. I just can't believe they managed to **** something like this up once again. Utterly unbelievable, I'm livid.

That's a Samsung balls up or do you think Currys switch products in boxes?

I had similar with an Epson printer, it had Epson 2750 all over the box and it was only when my daughter ran out of ink I realised it was a 2860 and they don't do compatibles (yet). It's now in my attic because the box was thrown away and we can't prove it.

Caporegime
OP
That's a Samsung balls up or do you think Currys switch products in boxes?

I had similar with an Epson printer, it had Epson 2750 all over the box and it was only when my daughter ran out of ink I realised it was a 2860 and they don't do compatibles (yet). It's now in my attic because the box was thrown away and we can't prove it.

The seal was broken. Currys balls up.

Caporegime
OP
Still can't believe this company is in business.

We wanted an air fryer, but we had specific needs so we wanted to see some in person. Off to Curry's then. We wanted to see a specific model which they had in stock, but not on display, they had loads of them on the shelves. So I grabbed one, interrupted the two staff who were rather upset that a customer interrupted their tweets or whatever they were glued to their phones for, and asked if I could open the box and have a look.

No, sorry. We can't open boxes, it's got a security tag on it.

Of course that being utter horse**** I approach someone else, who then informs me that he only works mobile phones, but if I go to the customer services they'll be able to help. Of course the queue there has about 20 people waiting (no exaggeration, should've taken a photo actually) and the people behind the tills looked like they'd rather be flung off a mountain than doing that job so I put the box down and left.

Christmas eve my wifi card decides to die, so no internet for me. On the hunt for an ethernet cable so I can use my homeplugs, I walk in to Curry's again, and credit where it's due, a lovely girl in a santa hat walked straight up to me and asked if she could help with anything. She didn't know what an ethernet cable or a Cat5 cable is but after a bit of a description she pointed me towards the computer section. I almost fell over and when walking away from her I told my wife to buy a lottery ticket.

And then I realised why this company is still in business. How much for a cat5 cable, 2m long?

Fiver? Tenner because Currys?

£20.

Yes, £20 for a bog standard 2m Cat5e cable.

Bought two for a tenner elsewhere on the way home and supported a tiny local business in the process.

I absolutely actively loathe Curry's.

Soldato

We wanted an air fryer, but we had specific needs so we wanted to see some in person. Off to Curry's then. We wanted to see a specific model which they had in stock, but not on display, they had loads of them on the shelves. So I grabbed one, interrupted the two staff who were rather upset that a customer interrupted their tweets or whatever they were glued to their phones for, and asked if I could open the box and have a look.

Of course that being utter horse**** I approach someone else, who then informs me that he only works mobile phones, but if I go to the customer services they'll be able to help. Of course the queue there has about 20 people waiting (no exaggeration, should've taken a photo actually) and the people behind the tills looked like they'd rather be flung off a mountain than doing that job so I put the box down and left.

Christmas eve my wifi card decides to die, so no internet for me. On the hunt for an ethernet cable so I can use my homeplugs, I walk in to Curry's again, and credit where it's due, a lovely girl in a santa hat walked straight up to me and asked if she could help with anything. She didn't know what an ethernet cable or a Cat5 cable is but after a bit of a description she pointed me towards the computer section. I almost fell over and when walking away from her I told my wife to buy a lottery ticket.

And then I realised why this company is still in business. How much for a cat5 cable, 2m long?

£20.

Bought two for a tenner elsewhere on the way home and supported a tiny local business in the process.

You hate them so much you still visited twice?
I haven't been to a curries for many years.

Soldato

£20.

Minimum wage = minimum effort. I bet most of the staff were school leaving age/college etc too. They only turn up for their wage and they certainly aren't going to doff their hats for you.

Caporegime
OP
You hate them so much you still visited twice?
I haven't been to a curries for many years.

Needs must unfortunately.

Minimum wage = minimum effort. I bet most of the staff were school leaving age/college etc too. They only turn up for their wage and their certainly aren't going to doff their hats for you.

True. I wonder if @1664kronenbourg works there?

Soldato
They closed a large store in Edinburgh that's in the process of becoming a 24hr gym. Bought a few things from Currys but never felt it was a welcoming store.

Soldato
Meanwhile in the real world how are you going to get it out without wheels and someone to help you manage it? And last time I did that it sat outside the bins area for a week until the council came and collected it, for which I had to pay for.

Real world? Ha ha this is the real world. I don't know of any one who pays. There are always hard up folk out there ready to take anything away. Even easier these days with the likes of Gumtree and FB Marketplace.

Soldato

£20.

Should have just messaged this boy, he could have sorted you out https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/huge-dilemma-first-world-problems.18944164/

Soldato
That reminds me. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll be ditching my current 1MB internet and getting Gigabit FTTH (should be a hell of a difference) and so need to measure out how much cat5/cat6 I need to run from the front room to the upstairs back bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom