• Snuff

• Snus

• Cigarette

• Cigar

• Vape

• Currently smoke and want to give up

• Used to smoke but have given up

• Never smoked in my life

• Wouldn't even consider starting to smoke because of the horrible things it does to the body

Results are only viewable after voting.
Commissario
I put myself down for "Wouldn't even consider starting to smoke because of the horrible things it does to the body" although it's more "My father smokes a pipe, you can see and smell the tar and gunk when he cleans it out" (see also "surprise tar on cup when he hands me a cuppa after cleaning his pipe and forgets to wash his hands"
eatsick.gif
).

The odd thing is I quite like the smell of the unburned baccy.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Why would anyone consider givinb a friend a present linked to smoking?
What an odd thing to say :confused: If your friends know you enjoy Cigars etc. then why not?

I frequently get given cigars, and from certain friends...

B8xyPQT.gif
#GoingGoingBackBackToCaliCali

Soldato
I used to smoke the occasional cigar but don’t bother any more, although I still maintain two humidors of cigars. One which has a mixture of Cubans and the other has a mixture of Dominicans

Soldato
Never been a cigarette smoker (though like most of us will have tried the odd cigarette).
Have tried snuff, it is disgusting and gives you black bogies! I tried chewing tobacco in Virginia, that was quite nice. Paan with tobacco in India was quite intense.

As a non smoker, I have always found nicotine to be a really strong drug, and so strong that it can be unpleasant. For example if I were to properly smoke a whole cigarette I would certainly throw up!
I like cigars (proper Cubans), and smoke them occasionally, but again there is a risk of it being too much for me, and I can't handle a really long cigar.
It has always been an issue with spliffs for me, I can't handle the tobacco. If I was rolling myself it will always be pure.

Associate
Smoke Amber leaf, Marlboro red's when I was a teenager 15, quitted when I turned 18 and smoked on/off socially when I went drinking until it got to a point it made me feel ill the next day and now I dont smoke at all! LOL boring story

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I used to smoke the occasional cigar but don’t bother any more, although I still maintain two humidors of cigars. One which has a mixture of Cubans and the other has a mixture of Dominicans
I'm gonna trust you my postal address, respect x

Caporegime
I used to smoke. Have since quit for the past ten years although have had the odd one on a drunken night out.

I used to smoke Marlboro Reds or Golden V with no filters.

I do miss the camaraderie and the gossip from the "smoking" at work etc.

I dread to think what a packet of quality fags cost these days.

One thing being an ex smoker has taught me is to respect people decisions as was very anti smoking till I started but at the same time I will not have people putting their beliefs onto me either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Snuff and chewing tobacco was big with coal miners back in the day as you obviously couldn't smoke down in the mines. I doubt many smokers bother with either those these days.

Soldato
I'm gonna trust you my postal address, respect x

Haha, thing is there are some very nice cigars in those humidors just sitting there.

Cubans:
Montecristo No.4 x4
Montecristo No.2 x4
Partagas Serie D Robusto x1
Hoyo de Monterrey Petite Robusto x2
Bolivar Beliscosos Finos x3
Bolivar Royal Coronas x5
Romeo y Julieta Mini Churchill x7
Cohiba Siglo III x1

Dominican:
La Aurora Cien Anos Robusto x22
La Aurora Belicoso x18

Commissario
Fancy a pipe when I hit 80 if that helps.
You don't have to wait that long.

My niece got her first proper (cheap corn cob iirc) one aged about 3...My dad had bought a few to try instead of his normal Falcon's but didn't get on with them, so as my niece kept wanting to have a go at his ones he gave her one of the unused CC ones, we'd dip it in washing up liquid solution and when my dad went out for a pipe she'd go with him puffing on hers :D

Associate
I no longer smoke, but recently got a very nice Crystal Ashtray as a gift. :)

Used to be Marlboro Reds/Lights, and when the costs got silly for premium cigs, reverted to roll-ups. I gave up smoking about four/five years ago, and currently vape although a light vaper and the lightest nicotine level - so kind of pointless. A habit really.

Will I never smoke again? No plans to start again, although I do miss it.

Personally, good luck to OP, life is too short. I would like to pick up some decent Cigars one day (hence the ashtray). My best mate continues to smoke Marlboro Reds, I do worry, but then, if you smoke and enjoy, so be it.

Pipe smoking is seriously rare nowadays, I no longer know anyone who smokes a pipe, but when I did, it smelt glorious.

Associate
I am a ex smoker, use to smoke a 50g pouch a week. I gave up smoking bout 20 years ago. I didn’t smoke anything for almost 10 years. Then I started having a cigar once in a blue moon, mostly on special occasions. Then I inherited my grandads pipe, I decided to try it and again it has turned into a occasional thing. It personally think, it’s up to the individual if they smoke or not as long as they are not forcing someone else to inhale their habit.

Back
Top Bottom