• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Permabanned
Welp, didn't get a new GPU from the dude who comes down my chimney and calls me a ho. My resolution is to continue in trying not to be a mug, absolutely regardless of being able to sell my 1070. Telegram is lottery odds in my situation, ditto for local; tho I did sign up for an EVGA queue for two types of 3060Tis, a few months ago and not holding my breath. Fully expecting to still be focusing on my older backlog at the end of this year, and by then or next year I'll get a PS5 for some exclusives as I usually do, and maybe more and more as time goes on..

Soldato
Welp, didn't get a new GPU from the dude who comes down my chimney and calls me a ho. My resolution is to continue in trying not to be a mug, absolutely regardless of being able to sell my 1070. Telegram is lottery odds in my situation, ditto for local; tho I did sign up for an EVGA queue for two types of 3060Tis, a few months ago and not holding my breath. Fully expecting to still be focusing on my older backlog at the end of this year, and by then or next year I'll get a PS5 for some exclusives as I usually do, and maybe more and more as time goes on..

Best bet is FE cards no? Even if EVGA offered you a card it'll be above MSRP. IIRC drops on 27th

Associate
thinking of selling It and just having my laptop .... I can see this being what a fair few people end up doing.

I was thinking about a complete PC re-build round Windows 11 and the latest Intel CPU. But if I can't get (IE. afford) a new GPU. Then I can't see the point at the moment, as my new build would end up pretty "unbalanced" (IE. new CPU but a previous/previous gen GPU).

Think I'll just wait it out altogether and see how the land lies later in 2022.

Strange times...............
I completely agree with you.. my laptop isn't lacking either with a 1660 Ti and 1080p 144hz screen it's perfectly adequate for my needs..

I'm also saving for a house this year so I'm hoping by next year the GPU industry is much better and I will look to do a whole new system if not ill just grab another laptop as I quite love the 'portability' that they offer..

Associate
I'm still playing on a Vega 56, which I'd love up upgrade, particularly as it has a high second-hand value due to its mining capability. I'd love to flog it and get something modern, but feel very demoralised by the options.

Associate
I'm still playing on a Vega 56, which I'd love up upgrade, particularly as it has a high second-hand value due to its mining capability. I'd love to flog it and get something modern, but feel very demoralised by the options.

If you got lucky and bagged a 3080 FE, your net cost to upgrade to that 3080 could be 50-100 quid looking at what those Vega 56 cards go for :eek:

Are you aware of stock alerts through phone apps?

Associate
At this point not expecting much this year, even if this year is the release of the next gen GPUs I'm fully expecting to keep mine for the time being. Its a 2080Ti so not exactly low end

Associate
If you got lucky and bagged a 3080 FE, your net cost to upgrade to that 3080 could be 50-100 quid looking at what those Vega 56 cards go for :eek:

Are you aware of stock alerts through phone apps?
I was also surprised to find out that my card is selling for about £550 used. I was briefly excited about a cheap upgrade, only to find out there was nothing to upgrade to

I hadn't thought of doing stock alerts. TBH, I prefer to buy from here if I can. I will take a look at stock alart apps and see whats on offer.

Thanks for the heads up!

Associate
I was also surprised to find out that my card is selling for about £550 used. I was briefly excited about a cheap upgrade, only to find out there was nothing to upgrade to

I hadn't thought of doing stock alerts. TBH, I prefer to buy from here if I can. I will take a look at stock alart apps and see whats on offer.

Thanks for the heads up!

No worries. All you need do is install the Telegram app on your phone, then on your phone, browse here:

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEii3xT81U1A6tLjrQ

Hit that link and that'll join you to the FE Partalert channel on Telegram. Give Telegram a different alert tone to the rest you have set up and turn it up. Create an account on and be logged into the site where you can get them, can't mention what that is here, but Google is your friend, ensure your payment method is set up on the other site and have your billing address also be your address in your account with their site, you can change delivery address before checking out. If all your addresses are the same, billing, account, delivery, far less chance of anything going amiss when they check whether you've bought one previously.

Because you're only allowed one per payment card, billing address, etc...

Associate
What does she play? A series x with gamepass is way better than any gpus at that price.

Mostly the Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn. FSR helped getting HZD from "barely playable" to "decently smooth" (still with heavily lowered settings) but her card is definitely on its last legs.

Soldato
Mostly the Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn. FSR helped getting HZD from "barely playable" to "decently smooth" (still with heavily lowered settings) but her card is definitely on its last legs.

I'd definitely look to a console. A ps5 has hzd running at an almost flawless 60fps now and the Witcher 3 is due a dedicated remaster too I believe. She won't get a pc that capable without spending a fortune.

Associate
I'd definitely look to a console. A ps5 has hzd running at an almost flawless 60fps now and the Witcher 3 is due a dedicated remaster too I believe. She won't get a pc that capable without spending a fortune.

She's physically unable to use a controller (health issue) so it must be KB+M.

Back
Top Bottom