Are any of you noticing a fuel economy impact running E10?

Permabanned
I switched pretty quickly to vpower after running e10 for a few weeks, in a morning the engine would misfire or be very hesitant until it warmed up and from £20 of fuel there was very little difference in mileage so use vpower or the Tesco equivalent.

Yeah misfired too. Completely resolved by not filling it with E10 it wasn't designed to run.

Careful though. The people who say its not a 2% drop are vilified and VICIOUSLY attacked xD

Soldato
My Mazda Xedos 9 won't run on it properly tbh. So now having to put proper fuel in and use super in this car as well annoyingly. Seems in the cold the start wasn't anywhere near is good (or just bad timing) but deffo not as economical.. i.e. normally get around 290 miles on a full tank was down to 250 on E10... it's not an exact science but what i found it just didn't run as well, switched back to Sheel Nitro and all good again. Then again it's a 2000 based on a platform from 1996 so to be expected, what annoys me more is the fact I now am forced to put considerably more expensive fuel in... which is £1.65 per litre for Nitro... I accept this in the SRT8 but not in my "run around". Hey ho...

Caporegime
If you knew me in real life you'd damn well accept my answer, because you'd damn well respect me.

This is hilarious.

My Mazda Xedos 9 won't run on it properly tbh. So now having to put proper fuel in and use super in this car as well annoyingly. Seems in the cold the start wasn't anywhere near is good (or just bad timing) but deffo not as economical.. i.e. normally get around 290 miles on a full tank was down to 250 on E10... it's not an exact science but what i found it just didn't run as well, switched back to Sheel Nitro and all good again. Then again it's a 2000 based on a platform from 1996 so to be expected, what annoys me more is the fact I now am forced to put considerably more expensive fuel in... which is £1.65 per litre for Nitro... I accept this in the SRT8 but not in my "run around". Hey ho...

I'd find a Tesco with Momentum 99, I can't stomach paying almost 20p a litre more for V-Power now.

Associate
I usually use Shell VPower/Tesco Momentum/Sainsburys Super Unleaded when I refill but in Sainsburys if I can't get to the first pumps (only ones with Super Unleaded) it will have E10 put in, it does seem like I have had to refill again earlier but as I don't pay much attention to the MPG (haven't reset the counter since getting the car from new) it's not exactly an accurate method to measure fuel consumption though :)

Soldato
Wrong. I got 24 mpg from 95 RON before it was changed to E10, putting in E10 I got 18 MPG.
I then put in 98 RON as 95 RON in non E10 form is unavailable where I am - my fuel economy then returned to 24MPG.

For what its worth, my engine is designed for 95 RON - and it states on the petrol cap there are no benefits to running anything higher.

You see.. you shouldn't try and fill in the blanks, without understanding what the blanks are your mind will skew things in the way of your desired outcome.
It's actually a form of ignorance, which may explain why you are so quick to put down people giving their experience with this fuel?

Its either you're ignorant, or you're a shill for the EU commission!

Funny how a couple other TFSI owners on this thread have mentioned an MPG drop similar to what I experienced.

But hey... its probably just the weather!

RIGHT?

Derp.

I'll happily ignore your example.

Because I simply don't think its correct. I expect you decided to use a heavy left foot or drove more urban that tank.

Sorry, but nope.

And no, if I met you, I wouldn't respect you.

Permabanned
This is hilarious.

Perhaps to you. But not if you knew me and my accomplishments :cry:
But crack on, just another forum pleb right? I couldn't give a **** what you think.

But I do care that some of you are denying empirical evidence when it is presented to you, whether it is scientific or anecdotal it *ABSOLUTELY* is relevant to the discussion.

Whereas the attacks, denial and defense of an incredibly corrupt industry that WE KNOW distorts truths, is incredibly idiotic and toxic.

But do continue, as you were..

Last edited:
Permabanned
And no, if I met you, I wouldn't respect you.

That isn't what I said, I said if you KNEW me.
And you would. Because of my accomplishments.

You can't deny that without knowing what they are, and you won't know what they are because I have no need or desire to tell you.
But lets not get too caught up in me, lets get back to those 2% lab results!

Next time you want to try and pop off at me, do make sure you've my read words correctly.

I stated something that is a 100% truth. I don't give a **** if you believe it or not!

Soldato
I almost always use Momentum 99 in my car, but Tesco didn't have any (on two separate days I visited) so I put in £20 of E10 last week, from empty.

Totally unscientific, but fuel economy appears to be a bit worse, performance and "smoothness" is worse and acceleration is quite sluggish and not far off how the car felt when I had issues with the turbo. This is in a 2014 Seat Leon FR 1.4 TSI so it's a modern enough engine.

Didn't notice any real difference in performance but tank seems to empty quicker with E10 as opposed to E5 maybe its placebo but that was my impression

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Hahahahaha @RiZzah who hurt you man? Did your ex work for Shells advertising team and call you out on your ramblings too?

Instead of getting so emotional with your responses, you should try to reply intelligently to any rebuttals.

#derp

Soldato
Wrong. I got 24 mpg from 95 RON before it was changed to E10, putting in E10 I got 18 MPG.
I then put in 98 RON as 95 RON in non E10 form is unavailable where I am - my fuel economy then returned to 24MPG.

The math is quite simple, it worked out at 25% Are you exaggerating or do you struggle with basic equations?
I will claim it, because it was my experience.

Claim it bogus, go ahead, you're only doing yourself and the rest of everyone using E10 a disservice to flat out deny someone's experience based on what?
Because I said it on a forum?

If you knew me in real life you'd damn well accept my answer, because you'd damn well respect me.
I agree, it is simple.

To be fair, you probably would think I accept your answer because you sound like the sort of person I would simply agree with to end the conversation :D

But not if you knew me and my accomplishments :cry:

I'm guessing not a maths A-level, right? Or chemistry / physics...

Soldato
Not noticed any change here, Ford Fiesta (2020 model iirc) 70mile round commute, 20% city, 60% motorway, 20% a/b road.

Fill up at Texaco only, same petrol station, same pump. Have been getting 49mpg for last couple of years, still getting around 48-49mpg, distance to empty same as it’s always been. Not sure if E10 at the pump has to be E10? Could Texaco could still be supplying E5?

Only odd coincidence, is one of my O2 sensors failed a couple of months ago, around September time.

Last edited:
Associate
Not noticed any change here, Ford Fiesta (2020 model iirc) 70mile round commute, 20% city, 20% motorway, 20% a/b road.

Fill up at Texaco only, same petrol station, same pump. Have been getting 49mpg for last couple of years, still getting around 48-49mpg, distance to empty same as it’s always been. Not sure if E10 at the pump has to be E10? Could Texaco could still be supplying E5?

Only odd coincidence, is one of my O2 sensors failed a couple of months ago, around September time.

The Exx figure is a maximum, it can be any amount under that. Actual amount will vary even at the same station over a period of time.

Permabanned
Instead of getting so emotional with your responses, you should try to reply intelligently to any rebuttals..

I'm still waiting for a rebuttal to any and all of my rebuttals, No direct answer to anything I've said, just side tracking and attacking. The favoured tactic of the fool.
But that's right. I must be the one to lack intelligence because I stated anecdotally I got a 25% mpg reduction in my TFSI TT!

Back
Top Bottom