God of War

V F

V F

Soldato
I'm not even at that bit yet, so thats promising, maybe I have more to go than I think. I've just gotten the chisel piece from the big dead giant

You've still got a fair bit to go. You're not even half way through the story.

To get the chisel you're way past Alfhiem. The light of Alfhiem was before inside the mountain.

Soldato
I'm not even at that bit yet, so thats promising, maybe I have more to go than I think. I've just gotten the chisel piece from the big dead giant

Once you have the chisel, do some exploring. Each time the boy suggests it, do it. As there are parts where you progress and can't go back. The chisel is kind of the last major item to unlock areas.

Man of Honour
Once you have the chisel, do some exploring. Each time the boy suggests it, do it. As there are parts where you progress and can't go back. The chisel is kind of the last major item to unlock areas.

Yeah I always do all the exploring at each step. Excellent to hear that I am not even half way through, I dont want it to end so the more there is left to do the better :D

V F

V F

Soldato
Interesting.

Yeah I always do all the exploring at each step. Excellent to hear that I am not even half way through, I dont want it to end so the more there is left to do the better :D

Well, even when you complete it, New Game Plus is where the real adventure begins. It's a whole new game with gear you'd never see on your first playthrough.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well, even when you complete it, New Game Plus is where the real adventure begins. It's a whole new game with gear you'd never see on your first playthrough.

Yeah I'll have to see how my gaming time goes once I complete it, what with Hitman 3 arriving on gamepass at the end of this week and Dying Light 2 and Elden Ring imminent too :)

Soldato
Have been burned too many times with buying games cheap on CD Keys only to find them crap and unable to refund. Got this on steam but after just under 2 hours went for a refund.

Boring repetitive combat, uninteresting lore and plot, purile childlike puzzles, unlikeable characters. Might be worth a revist for a fiver some day.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not really CDKEYS' fault if you didn't like the game. They provide a non refundable key to activate elsewhere, STEAM don't have this so you can use the few hours window demoing a new game on STEAM and refunding it after and re-buying it on CDKEYS etc for a cheaper price to activate on STEAM.

I found Horizon boring and repetitive whereas this is actually more fun and interesting. It helps the cinematic sounds and action are more immersive.

Man of Honour
Have been burned too many times with buying games cheap on CD Keys only to find them crap and unable to refund. Got this on steam but after just under 2 hours went for a refund.

Boring repetitive combat, uninteresting lore and plot, purile childlike puzzles, unlikeable characters. Might be worth a revist for a fiver some day.

At least you can say you gave it a go. Cant be helped, no game is for everyone, someone will always dislike any particular game. Even if a game is touted as the greatest computer game of all time, like say Skyrim, Witcher 3, GTA or Red Dead, some people will always think that its crappy. As with all things nothing has universal uniform appeal. Quite possibly I find whatever you consider to be a great game crap too. Important thing is that you gave it a crack of the whip and decided with your own thoughts so respect to you for doing that.

Soldato

Brilliant game, I got about 1/3 way through on the PS4 Pro, then I tried again on the PS5 and got about half way. But now it's on PC, starting again and I'm taking my time, reading all the beastiaries, notes etc. Loving it, can't wait to finally complete it!

With the flawless widescreen fix, it looks absolutely stunning:

buYMcLd.jpg

tSVBQEa.jpg

I'm running everything at max (except film grain, ew) and I'm consistently getting 100+fps with a Asus Strix OC 3090 with +100 core and +500 on memory with a 9900k @5.0ghz on all cores (both under water). Resolution is 3840x1600.

Soldato
At least you can say you gave it a go. Cant be helped, no game is for everyone, someone will always dislike any particular game. Even if a game is touted as the greatest computer game of all time, like say Skyrim, Witcher 3, GTA or Red Dead, some people will always think that its crappy. As with all things nothing has universal uniform appeal. Quite possibly I find whatever you consider to be a great game crap too. Important thing is that you gave it a crack of the whip and decided with your own thoughts so respect to you for doing that.

I get what you mean. Sometimes you start to think "maybe I'm doing it wrong" and give it another try, but if a game hasn't convinved me in 2 hours it is rare it ever will. Though that has happened on a few occasions with some games, hence the revisit during a sale conclusion.

I also learned a very long time ago that beating a game on hard is not an actual acheivement in even the very slightest sense of the word. At my age I get more sense of acheivement if I can open a bag of skittles without them going everwhere. If a game is making you angry then turn the difficulty down a level or two, nobody in your life will give a crap. I can't image being asked my greatest acheviement on my deathbed, and the answer being, "I beat Dark Souls as a Deprived". :)

Soldato
Brilliant game, I got about 1/3 way through on the PS4 Pro, then I tried again on the PS5 and got about half way. But now it's on PC, starting again and I'm taking my time, reading all the beastiaries, notes etc. Loving it, can't wait to finally complete it!

Not trying to be confrontational, but why have you never beaten it if it is so good?

Soldato

That's a shame mate, certainly pick it up in a sale and just power through the first 5 or 6 hours to unlock a bunch of skills and runes (spells), combat really opens up.

Soldato
Not trying to be confrontational, but why have you never beaten it if it is so good?

Ummmm, no real answer, other than...

61lqqt.jpg

Nah, when it came out, I was working like crazy in San Francisco, and my social life took me away from gaming a lot. Then we moved to Amsterdam 18 months ago, during that time it was a VERY busy social life and even more work. We bought a house 4 months ago and bought a PS5, managed to free up some time to try and get through it. But as per usual, I was naïve and the house took up a tonne of my time. Here I am now, finally slowing down and at my PC with a game I've been meaning to dive into and not just pick up and play every now and then.

Soldato
Getting into it but my recent muscle memory from AC:Valhalla is making me press the wrong buttons at times making fights a bit more tricky than they should be.

I can tell once the fighting clicks I'll have a blast as the dialogue between grumpy old man Kratos and young inquisitive 'boy' is great so far. The Stranger battle was fantastic and over the top and I've heard that's one of the more boring fights.

Looks stunning in 21:9. Running a similar set up to @agnes (i7 9700k, MSI RTX3090 OC and playing at 3840x1600) and his screenshots don't do it justice. In motion it looks stunning.

Soldato
Getting into it but my recent muscle memory from AC:Valhalla is making me press the wrong buttons at times making fights a bit more tricky than they should be.

I can tell once the fighting clicks I'll have a blast as the dialogue between grumpy old man Kratos and young inquisitive 'boy' is great so far. The Stranger battle was fantastic and over the top and I've heard that's one of the more boring fights.

Looks stunning in 21:9. Running a similar set up to @agnes (i7 9700k, MSI RTX3090 OC and playing at 3840x1600) and his screenshots don't do it justice. In motion it looks stunning.

Yep, with the FOV fix from FW, it's incredibly good looking for a 4 year old game!

Back
Top Bottom