Gommora is the greatest TV show you've never heard of

Associate
I cant usually be bothered with subtitles but got hooked on this, watched pretty much every episode over a week at the start of the lockdown.

Associate
Bought the complete series for my Dad and he loves it. So when he has finished (he has binge watched and on the last season)

Parents don't stream so I purchase box sets, they went through the Sopranos like a boss - this is getting expensive. ;)

Really looking forward to watching.

Soldato
Sky are advertising what seems to just be their re-showing of amazons' zerzerozero, itself a Savinio book,
but from the trailer looks doa .? just a usa produced fast-moving/cut derivative drug series, no sign of mokadelic either.

Channel4 now seem to show some shows exclusively online after first episode ?, started on Monster, but, their (free) online system has too many adds;
need to investigate HBO max usa membership since they have some good (genuine) south american content Sr. Ávila, Prófugos

Soldato
so new series 5 - I thought it was all over & will rewatch the end of 4 if its still on All4
something decent to watch over christmas - reason to get a temporary sky sub

https://www.bt.com/tv/drama/gomorrah-season-5-cast-trailer-release-date
When will Gomorrah season 5 be released?
Gomorrah season 5 will premiere in the UK on Saturday, December 18 on Sky Atlantic and NOW.

There will be 10 episodes in season 5, which was filmed in Naples in Italy and Riga in Latvia.

Soldato
Finished the final season, broke me a little, going to be a while until I find anything this good again - the whole character arc of Genna' and Ciro are so well written, the internal conflicts they have each time they come together again and again, brothers who love and hate each other, neither can back down, the dynamic is compelling viewing.

Man of Honour
I’d seen it listed on Sky Atlantic but skipped over it as I presumed it to be a biblical thing, (Sodom and Gomorrah), after perusing this thread and discovering that it’s actually about the Camorra, the Neapolitan crime syndicate, I’ll download series 1 and watch it when my wife is out or has gone to bed.
She can’t handle subtitles, her eyes constantly stray to her phone, and I’m not dumb enough to suggest that she puts her phone down when watching TV.
For some unexplainable reason she concentrated on the subtitles when watching a Nordic noir series, but went bananas watching a French cop series when I said that the subtitles weren’t what was being said onscreen, e.g. a woman asked the cop if he could get her a glass of wine, and he said in French, “you finished the last bottle.”
The subtitles said that he said, “there isn’t any.”
When I casually pointed this out, adding that it amounted to the same thing, there was no wine, she went berserk and stormed off to bed.

Soldato
Finally watched the last episode of series 5 - it's analogous to Pandoras box, I shouldn't have done it, that, and series 5, rather tarnished my recollections of the series.

cinematography good, but, many car travelling scenes, unecessarily long without the quality of dialogue to justify them,
final series had too few characters (not sure if it was filmed during covid) and some of the betrayals needed suspended belief.
what euro series to watch next ?

Associate
Skimmed this thread to avoid spoilers as I am only starting and still on season one.

Very impressed, the accompanying soundtrack for certain scenes is decent - its certainly drawn me in. :)

Associate
These Italian Mafia series have me hooked! Currently up to Gomorra season 3 - loving it.

Last night I took a pause and instead seeing the recommendations in this thread, started watching Suburra (2015) which is excellent. I happened to re-read this thread and realised there is a three season series of Suburra on Netflix, so I stopped watching the film!?

I just wondered if there is any order to chronologically watch:

1) What order to watch the Gomorrah series and the film The Immortal?
2) What order to watch Suburrah series and the film of the same name?
3) I take it that Romanzo Criminale is a completely separate story/series?

Many thanks in advance and would greatly appreciate no spoilers. :)

Soldato
These Italian Mafia series have me hooked! Currently up to Gomorra season 3 - loving it.

Last night I took a pause and instead seeing the recommendations in this thread, started watching Suburra (2015) which is excellent. I happened to re-read this thread and realised there is a three season series of Suburra on Netflix, so I stopped watching the film!?

I just wondered if there is any order to chronologically watch:

1) What order to watch the Gomorrah series and the film The Immortal?
2) What order to watch Suburrah series and the film of the same name?
3) I take it that Romanzo Criminale is a completely separate story/series?

Many thanks in advance and would greatly appreciate no spoilers. :)
The Immortal is both a prequel and a sequel to the events after the third season of the TV series
Romanzo Criminale is a completely separate series

Back
Top Bottom