Gommora is the greatest TV show you've never heard of

Associate
Was looking for a new box set and Gommora comes strongly recommended.

I thought it was a Sky exclusive, only learned that it's on Amazon UK, although via Arrow TV (another subscription service for a fiver a month).

Never heard of Arrow TV but it looks like it focuses on euro thrillers akin to Saturday night BBC4. The Killing, The Bridge etc. I do like these euro thrillers so I'll give it a whirl as there is a 30 day free trial.

Soldato
Was looking for a new box set and Gommora comes strongly recommended.

I thought it was a Sky exclusive, only learned that it's on Amazon UK, although via Arrow TV (another subscription service for a fiver a month).

Never heard of Arrow TV but it looks like it focuses on euro thrillers akin to Saturday night BBC4. The Killing, The Bridge etc. I do like these euro thrillers so I'll give it a whirl as there is a 30 day free trial.

Gomorrah is excellent. I loved every minute when I watched it. There is also Suburra: Blood on Rome on Netflix if you haven't watched that. It is every bit as good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7197684/

Associate
First 2 seasons are top tier TV up there with the ATG's...downhill from there though. Season 3 was okay although got silly at the end. Season 4 was woeful. Utter gash especially the London episode. Such a shame. Don't think will bother with the season 5. The woman boss was just crap....tempted to watch the first 2 season s again just to remind me how great they were.

Associate
End of season 3 iirc, don't watch before, huge spoilers.
Yeah definitely do not watch it before series 3 onwards! :eek:

Thanks guys glad I asked :)

Will be a while till I watch as I'm savoring each episode as is so good ...........loving the cinematography and sound track

Also the characterization particularly Immacolata "Imma" Savastano she has quite a startling screen presence

Another interesting observation the end credits = all Italian production...struggle to fine a non- Italian name appearing

Back
Top Bottom