Tesla Model Y

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

R Symons are having an open day on 19th February where they’ll be having a few Model Ys.

Thought I’d post in case anyone was local to them and wanted to pop down :cool:

Soldato
I had a text last night to reserve my slot for 3rd March onwards for collection, I ordered on launch date. Won't be going ahead for the moment as I'm trying to get my employer to offer the Octopus Energy Salary Sacrifice scheme and would rather use that if I can.

Friend who placed a deposit a couple of weeks ago was offered dates from the 8th March for collection.

Soldato
With residuals remaining very high on my M3 - I'm certainly tempted to pull the trigger on Model Y. Test drive will probably confirm things for me!

Soldato
Seems it proved to be a mission for a lot with the train cancellations! Most seem to have their shipping 48psi tyre pressures aswell. Clever way to get the cars out to customers I guess! Looked a pretty cheesy way to be told about Tesla and then grab your car.

Soldato
Disagree - but that’s my personal opinion and looking at the first feedback.
Looks like a conveyor belt system, a stale cake and not a proper PDI with temp worker drafted in to become “Tesla Mechanics” on 3 weeks contracts at the ports. They were all charged to 20-30% hence a glut of rangers at the Superchargers to help new owners. (Maybe that’s intentional)

One guys first trip was to John Lewis to get some new socks as his were soaking from all the failed parts of the trips. Then whilst you inspect your car you seem to be at risk of being run over.

bit weird really.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Disagree - but that’s my personal opinion and looking at the first feedback.
Looks like a conveyor belt system, a stale cake and not a proper PDI with temp worker drafted in to become “Tesla Mechanics” on 3 weeks contracts at the ports. They were all charged to 20-30% hence a glut of rangers at the Superchargers to help new owners. (Maybe that’s intentional)

One guys first trip was to John Lewis to get some new socks as his were soaking from all the failed parts of the trips. Then whilst you inspect your car you seem to be at risk of being run over.

bit weird really.
They leave Tesla at 90% charge, so not sure what else you expect when you’re picking up at the port itself and they’ve been on a ship for weeks.

I picked mine up at Bristol at 92% charge.

The fact they’ve got people policing superchargers and know precisely how many people are collecting on any given day should mean the wait isn’t so bad.

Can you honestly blame people getting wet when they’ve made the stupid decision to travel during a red weather alert? It’s outdoors, hammering with wind and rain so you’re going to get wet if you go out in it :cry:.

Also… the cars are spaced out in rows, with a deviated lane between rows. What else do you want? Everyone needs to pay attention when inspecting their car and it’s a complete non-issue.

Caporegime
They leave Tesla at 90% charge, so not sure what else you expect when you’re picking up at the port itself and they’ve been on a ship for weeks.

The fact they’ve got people policing superchargers and know precisely how many people are collecting on any given day should mean the wait isn’t so bad.

Can you honestly blame people getting wet when they’ve made the stupid decision to travel during a red weather alert? It’s outdoors, hammering with wind and rain so you’re going to get wet if you go out in it :cry:.

Also… the cars are spaced out in rows, with a deviated lane between rows. What else do you want? Everyone needs to pay attention when inspecting their car and it’s a complete non-issue.
Guess it’s saves delivering the cars to the customers making them going to pick them up. Sounds a great experience. Amazon should try it

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Guess it’s saves delivering the cars to the customers making them going to pick them up. Sounds a great experience. Amazon should try it
No one is forcing you to pick up from the docks!

When I ordered my car I received it 2 weeks after launch and had the pick of location to collect from, or there was an option to pay extra to have it delivered to me on a low-loader (however this waived the right to refusal if you identified issues).

I chose to go to a service centre just in case there were issues, but if I was going to order again and wanted it on day 1 I’d collect from the docks.

Soldato

You are letting emotion get in the way of what actually happens - Bristol has a dedicated area to charge the cars for handover as it’s, like, not a dock. The fact they are on a ship for weeks is why they arnt fully charged intentionally to help reduce long term calender aging. I’ve read multiple things where people are disappointed by how full the battery isn’t.

I don’t need to expect anything, I know how cars are shipped with 12V disconnected and no parasitic load. You’ll be surprise when the cars shipped with 60% SoC turn up at dealers with 60% battery… amazing huh.

Seems the pedestrian warning is lacking even that Richard Symonds aswell as his mate Serge nearly got hit. But then I actually watched the video.

Just all a bit of a yanky doodle “exciting event” conned people to collect a car on my view. Zero clarity of what it was which amounted to a similar experience of a budget airline boarding and having to walk to the bus to get on the plane. Again my opinion so please don’t spend anymore effort trying to “correct” me.

Soldato
Richard Symonds did a MYP Southhampton collection video

Nice little event for the first to get a Model Y in the UK, and offering the people the option to have an experience that will be unique. There was a bloke who posted on another forum about it, he lives in Aberdeen and wanted an excuse to do a long drive as he normally doesn't get very far, so a bit of an adventure for him, being nearly 600 miles.

The video was interesting seeing so many cars being collected on a single day, I can't say it would be what everyone would want to do, but nice to give the option those that really want to get involved with a launch.

I wonder what quantity of Model Y's will be shipped into the UK in 2022? 20,000 or more? I guess it depends on Giga Berlin and Texas full ramp up for excess inventory from China for the SR model getting here.

Back
Top Bottom