Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I think whatever happens, Ukraine is lost, at least for now.

The only way to repel the Russians is to provide actual military support to Ukraine, and the West simply won't do it. They can't.

Sanctions, however severe, are not going to hurt Russia quickly enough to stop this.

Soldato
i am not sure in war there are levels of kinds of death, perhaps its worse dying from a single bullet laying on a field rather than instantly evaporated from such a weapon. This a psych operation showing these marching on.

Thermobaric weapons are over pressure weapons. The shockwave ruptures bodily components - people hit may not die immediately but succumb later to internal bleeding or infections caused by internal injuries. With any luck you'd be in the over pressure zone that is immediately fatal however given a shockwave is inverse square law the further away from the area of detonation the more likely you'll be injured rather than killed. Overpressure shockwaves travel around corners and reflect off surfaces, so they're not something you can hide from easily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USS_McNulty_(DDE-581)_sunk_as_target_with_FAE_1972.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

The only way to repel the Russians is to provide actual military support to Ukraine, and the West simply won't do it. They can't.

Sanctions, however severe, are not going to hurt Russia quickly enough to stop this.

We will see, ukranians fight back.

Anyway, artillery fires close to Kharkiv

Soldato
Given how many batteries were fired, the end result was, underwhelming...
I think maybe because they're firing into empty terrain and there's nothing in the kill zone to reference scale you're underestimating the size of the kill zone. That kind of annihilation would require a significantly larger amount of artillery pieces, or a number of full sized* aerial bombers.

*I.E not a fighter bomber.

Soldato

Yeah, I keep flicking on sky news expecting to see Russian troops in Kyiv, the longer they manage to keep them out and the higher the Russian losses become the more chance of Russian generals turning on the fruit loop and taking over. Removal of SWIFT from Russian use may make this happen quicker.

Caporegime

The west is providing military support to Ukraine, it's ramping up now, I wish the likes of Germany had done more/hadn't blocked it before etc..

This might be BS but could be credible, Russia can't sustain these losses for sure and this is expensive, how are they going to replenish equipment when cut off from the world:

Soldato
If these thermobaric weapons get used then there will be major loss on all sides.

It could be that Putin has sent his "disposable" forces to Ukraine. The inexperienced and inept ones. The old equipment that belonged in a museum anyway. Plus his calling for Chechen and Kazakh support so early in the conflict makes me think that is the case.

Soldato
SO, southern english are the same ethnicity with northern germans?
That's a poor example given the majority of the English are of Germanic decent.

But in answer, a better version of your analogy for would be comparing southern English and northern English, same ethnicity, but different cultures/dialects/etc, same as comparing ethnic Slavs from Russian/Ukraine.

Caporegime
i dont know which war costs 20bln/day, certainly this one doesnt for the Russkies. By the looks of it, 20bln a day is exaggerating

Might well be but I think the gist of it is correct, this is very expensive both in terms of finances but also in terms of equipment and lives - we're only 2 days in and Russia has lost several hundred armoured vehicles a few thousand soldiers and several aircraft (including two transport planes full of paratroopers) if Ukraine carries on with that sort of resistance then that sort of attrition is going to be very difficult for Russia.

It's a big country and logistics are going to become rathe more difficult.

Soldato
That's a poor example given the majority of the English are of Germanic decent.

But in answer, a better version of your analogy for would be comparing southern English and northern English, same ethnicity, but different cultures/dialects/etc, same as comparing ethnic Slavs from Russian/Ukraine.

agreed, but a scot and an englishman can be called British, no such thing with UKR and RUS

Man of Honour
The west is providing military support to Ukraine, it's ramping up now, I wish the likes of Germany had done more/hadn't blocked it before etc..

I know the West are providing military hardware, but that is limited to smaller arms.

If we gave them actual air support, missile support, the Russians would retreat pretty quickly. Shame we won't/can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom