*** Apple Event Tuesday 8th March 2022 @ 18:00 UK: 'Peek Performance' ***

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Got a base Mac Studio and monitor in my basket at the mo… If only the Mac Mini had a M1 Pro, I’d go for that.

The first year with the m1 it was a bit tough on deciding what chips go where as its all new... But I think in the future the mac mini and even the macbook air/entry macbook pro should start with the M1 pro, as thats the only chip that doesnt really have a solid spot anywhere.
Its really odd that they share a chip with a ipad, but I think M2 onwards it'll change (or at least Id hope it does)

Soldato
But this isn't the mac pro :p

This is essentially the cube again (not that I have anything against the cube)

Yup. The new Mac Pro will definitely start at $10k or more, and can go to $100k or more :cry: Imagine having to buy 2TB of soldered on-package DDR5 RAM from Apple.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Yup. The new Mac Pro will definitely start at $10k or more, and can go to $100k or more :cry: Imagine having to buy 2TB of soldered on-package DDR5 RAM from Apple.

It'll be unified ram, so somehow I doubt it'll go near that high. It'll probably top out at 256gb of ram (given its 4xm1 max chips)

Soldato
The first year with the m1 it was a bit tough on deciding what chips go where as its all new... But I think in the future the mac mini and even the macbook air/entry macbook pro should start with the M1 pro, as thats the only chip that doesnt really have a solid spot anywhere.
Its really odd that they share a chip with a ipad, but I think M2 onwards it'll change (or at least Id hope it does)

I would think so as well. I think the only reason Mac Mini has M1 rather than M1 Pro was to push it out the door on day 1, to get them to developers.

Soldato
It'll be unified ram, so somehow I doubt it'll go near that high. It'll probably top out at 256gb of ram (given its 4xm1 max chips)

Maybe, but they'll have to think about a way to allow more RAM if it is to replace Mac Pro. There's no technical reason why it can't have more RAM on the package though.

Soldato
I have to say that I'm the same now - As much as I like the grunt of the Mac Studio, I think I'd be happy with a slightly more powerful Mac mini along with the new display.

**** it. Ordered them. Base Studio with Studio Display. My iMac is starting to chug. I’ve got a few days to change my mind if I think a Mini will do the job instead. Need the display though.

Soldato
I’m the same as a few others.

entry mac studio too much to spend for what I need.

m1 mini not quite enough spec and outdated.

an m1 pro mini is what I wanted.

guess I’ll wait for the mini refresh now.

Back
Top Bottom