*** Apple Event Tuesday 8th March 2022 @ 18:00 UK: 'Peek Performance' ***

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
For the love of all that’s holy, please release a new 27” iMac. I’ve been waiting for over a year now for one!

Going to be later in the year for sure.

MacRumours already put out an article to help people stay grounded with unrealistic release expectations.

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/03/03/what-not-to-expect-march-2022-apple-event/

Larger Apple Silicon iMac
imac-pro-apple-newsroom.jpg

Apple is expected to announce at least one new Mac at its event next week, but that's unlikely to be a larger Apple silicon iMac. Apple last updated the ‌iMac‌ with the 24-inch design powered by the M1 chip.

The other ‌iMac‌ in the lineup, the 27-inch ‌iMac‌, continues to feature an almost 10-year old design, but Apple is rumored to be working on a new model expected to launch sometime in the summer. The larger Apple silicon ‌iMac‌ is rumored to be powered by the M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, features a mini-LED, ProMotion display, and a design similar to the 24-inch desktop.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Something else to consider is the 24” iMac screen isn’t miles away from the 27” now due to the higher 4.5k resolution. I find the 24” an excellent size.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Is it the same panel as the 5K Ultrafine? I have a couple of those at the minute - they're great screens. The only problem I have is my Loupedeck thing can't control the brightness on them. When my M1 16" unit comes out of sleep the screens are dimmed slightly, meaning I have to up/down the brightness to get them back to normal. Only seems to to happen with the 5K Lightning connected screen.

I've read it's the same monitor but does get a little brighter. I imagine the new monitor will have less bugs and quirks compared to the LG.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I don't think they will bring out a 27" iMac this generation

Agreed. If you want the larger screen vs the 24" you can just grab a current mini and the Studio Display. If you need more power, you grab the Mac Studio and Studio Display.

I'm sure when they refresh the mini they will give the option for M1 Pro in that chassis.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
This is what people have been asking for for years. It's effectively an iMac without a screen.

and the Studio Display is the screen without the iMac, which is what a lot of people have also been asking for. 14" MBP and Studio Display is going to be a fantastic combo.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
The 13 mini also has the very latest camera tech as Apple put the same sensors across the entire 13 range this time - save for the telephoto lens.

Not quite. The wide and ultra wide on the Pro are different. The Pro has a larger aperture on both lens and the ultra wide can do macro on the Pro. The Pro also has larger pixels on the sensor, together with the larger aperture mean better HDR and low light.

Back
Top Bottom