The Fountain Pen Thread

Soldato
Does anyone else really like fountain pens? I'm looking to get one as I am starting University next month, and I haven't owned one for a few years, so I'm a bit behind on the latest news.

Tips and reviews welcome :D.

Associate
My handwriting with a fountain pen was lovely when I was at school. My headteacher at primary used to insist that one lesson a week was used to practise such skills.

Years of computer use and a year of night shifts using pneumatic power tools wrecked all of that by my mid thirties :(.

Always had a soft spot for a Waterman as relatively affordable back in the day but always bought them as gifts, never got one for myself.

Soldato
I think your writing style needs to suit a fountain pen.

I used to use a Parker 'vector' fountain pen all the time during school. Now I find thin fibre tip technical drawing pens suit the draw+mind map style of writing now and the majority of long drafts are written on computer.
I write a lot of notes when researching, and the Mrs brought a Mont Blanc 'Starwwalker' at xmas but at that price I don't want to damage it by leaving it around or writing notes. It's more for special writing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom