Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Have a look at some of the interviews with them in this thread.
I don’t need to. They are hand picked to suit a narrative. The point of punishment being an ok result is the whole reason this thing started to appease what started in 2014. Constant, rapid, reactions are what caused the previous world wars. This to some is a worthy response to the Donbas killing of civilians. Again two wrongs don’t make a right

Caporegime
I don’t need to. They are hand picked to suit a narrative. The point of punishment being a or the result is the whole reason this thing started to appease what started in 2014. Constant, rapid, reactions are what caused the previous world wars

They were broad spectrum interviews showing support for and against carried out by third party news teams. So I suggest you do need to view them.

Caporegime
Exactly, it is debatable but you declared them to be mostly innocent. That's not a statement that can be made with any level of confidence.

I prefer innocent until proven guilty myself. I don't think the majority of Russians support the slaughter of Ukranians. To me you'd need to prove otherwise.

Associate
Good interview with Pavel Felgenhauer (in Moscow) on russian military, its strategy and tactics, from 8.march.
Not looking good for Russia.

edit: he estimates 30% of Russians supports the war.

Soldato
If we did people would still moan that we are not doing enough Germany sent some old mouldy soviet stuff don't think France has not done much either apart from Macron kissing Putin's behind.

No one is saying we aren't doing enough militarily. The criticism is our government dragging its feet on sanctioning those close to Putin's regime (oligarchs) and seizing their wealth. They've been very happy for their money to be laundered through London and take their money to fund their party and who knows what "gifts" have changed hands for what "favours".

Soldato
Ozzyman interviewed some young Russians this week after interviewing Ukrainians a few days ago, surprisingly good considering his usual videos aren't serious. Sadly most Russians just accept whatever the TV tells them, some of the younger generation look for alternative news sources but not all.

Interesting what happens to the protestors. First offence is a fine which doesn't really bother them but if they get too many fines the next step is 30 days in prison so most stop before reaching that stage. The new law for up to 15 years in prison are being used now so they are even more nervous and looking to leave the country if things get worse.

They thought the only way this ends is if someone close to Putin kills him. Protesting won't work.

Edit: The comments on the videos are crazy as well, Russian bots on overtime.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting what happens to the protestors. First offence is a fine which doesn't really bother them but if they get too many fines the next step is 30 days in prison so most stop before reaching that stage. The new law for up to 15 years in prison are being used now so they are even more nervous and looking to leave the country if things get worse.

Thankfully the government here only want to lock you up for 10!

Caporegime
Yea...one locale. You interact with a limited demographic of people.
And you? Not sure why you feel the need to argue I am wrong when you are using second hand interviews versus my experience. Have you ever been to russia or are you just basing your view on films ? You know most terrorist actions are due to anger in their homelands right ? You saying that’s justified ?

I simple said the sanctions won’t work like people expect. There won’t be an uprising. Those who want to won’t due to fear of arrest.

This is based on my 2014 experience of being there when rubled halved with the previous sanctions. (120rub/£ peak) and people got on with it. Germany already getting cold feet on what they did a week ago

Associate
Gover
The Russians are the people who have kept Putin in power by praising his policies and constantly voting for him. I think they bear at least a little responsibility for this mess. I'm not wishing ill on them, just saying I don't care if they're upset about the sanctions caused by Putin's invasion of Ukraine.
Seriously, you don't really think they all vote for him do you?

Putin is kept in power by his own people the FSB (KGB) who are the ones who count the votes. The elections are rigged, you can,t not know that surely?

Soldato
And you? Not sure why you feel the need to argue I am wrong when you are using second hand interviews versus my experience.

I simple said the sanctions won’t work like people expect. There won’t be an uprising. Those who want to won’t due to fear of arrest.

This is based on my 2014 experience of being there when rubled halved with the previous sanctions. (120rub/£ peak) and people got on with it. Germany already getting cold feet on the sanctions
Germany always had cold feet, they are dependant on Russian gas and their military is weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom