Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Absolutely sickening and vile to see the devastation of the hospital in Mariupol. Putin has blood on his hands that will never come off. This sick dictator needs a very special place in hell.

if i was religious i would be saying Putin, his cronies, oligarchs and othodox church leaders would be all riding the flaming express straight down. Just waiting for the vatican to apply sanctions and damnation.. that should cause a problem in Brazil..

Personally i think putin’s corpse should just be disappeared.. his mausoleum have an accidental flattening.

It would be interesting to see the wives and daughters of the leaders rationalise the bombing of a baby hospital.

Soldato
Will the west ever 'convert' Russia, bring it into the fold like they're trying to do with Ukraine. Once the old communist gaurd die out, will there ever be enough will and momentum to completely change Russia to become more aligned with EU or Western thinking?

I'm not saying it should change but I'm genuinely wondering if we will see a revolution in Russia in the coming years?

Soldato
Will the west ever 'convert' Russia, bring it into the fold like they're trying to do with Ukraine. Once the old communist gaurd die out, will there ever be enough will and momentum to completely change Russia to become more aligned with EU or Western thinking?

I'm not saying it should change but I'm genuinely wondering if we will see a revolution in Russia in the coming years?

i don’t think “convert” is the right word. Mutual respect and a working relationship.

Associate
The General Electric Company suspends operations in Russia.
https://interfax.com/newsroom/top-stories/75998/

John Deere, a manufacturer of all kinds of agricultural machinery suspends shipments of machines to Russia and Belarus.
https://www.kwqc.com/2022/03/09/john-deere-suspends-shipments-russia-belarus/

One of the largest manufacturers of tobacco products British American Tobacco suspends all planned capital investments and will "rationalize its marketing activities" in Russia.
https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/810257.html

Caporegime
Wasn't it heavily backed by the people?

Possibly, but the government should be doing what's best for the country, not bowing to the tyranny of the majority.

How dangerous could this nuclear power plant be that they are ******* about with?

The reactors are housed underground in massive containment structures, very unlikely that it would be compromised.

Soldato

Russia as asked to join NATO 4 times in the past. Putin personally asked, and old 'marble mouth' George Robertson replied they would have to apply like everyone else. The West as had many chances to bring Russia in to the fold.

There is an old saying about rivals, paraphrasing, "that its better to have them peeing out of your tent than them peeing in to your tent."

Man of Honour
Russia as asked to join NATO 4 times in the past. Putin personally asked, and old 'marble mouth' George Robertson replied they would have to apply like everyone else. The West as had many chances to bring Russia in to the fold.

There is an old saying about rivals, paraphrasing, "that its better to have them peeing out of your tent than them peeing in to your tent."

Trouble then is that you might step in a puddle of their pee, best thing would probably be that they either pee into a bottle or better still they go and pee away from the campsite altogether

:D

Soldato
The Russians are the people who have kept Putin in power by praising his policies and constantly voting for him. I think they bear at least a little responsibility for this mess. I'm not wishing ill on them, just saying I don't care if they're upset about the sanctions caused by Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

But when you are fed nothing but state views your whole life and are not able to directly see anything beyond your own border how do you know any different. The simple view of the general populous misses reality and what about the outspoken Russian civvies that condem the war and their leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom