Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So Churchill was a madman?

British troops, Air force pilots and crew were murderers for following his orders?

Crew of Enola Gay were murderers, not people who indirectly saved millions of lives?

This is war, rationales and reasoning take a back seat when trying to save lives, and protect your country.

No i am not a Putin supporter, yes i think he is doing everything wrong, and should never have invaded a sovereign independent nation
Your forgetting an important fact, churchill didn't start it.

Caporegime
You're assuming some sort of rationality is going on in his mind, it obviously isn't. At least not in our terms.
Putins red line is probably a direct attack on Crimea or Russia itself.

He must have thought how life would be living in a bunker, he's probably already seen it recently to some extent.

I doubt he's insane or unstable, he just knows the west is weak and woke without the will to take action like in the old days.

the cats been neutered and now the dog is barking

Soldato
So Churchill was a madman?

British troops, Air force pilots and crew were murderers for following his orders?

Crew of Enola Gay were murderers, not people who indirectly saved millions of lives?

This is war, rationales and reasoning take a back seat when trying to save lives, and protect your country.

No i am not a Putin supporter, yes i think he is doing everything wrong, and should never have invaded a sovereign independent nation
I'm sorry, but wtaf are you trying to say here? Are you saying that Russians following orders are not murderers ?

Soldato
Putins red line is probably a direct attack on Crimea or Russia itself.

He must have thought how life would be living in a bunker, he's probably already seen it recently to some extent.

I doubt he's insane or unstable, he just knows the west is weak and woke without the will to take action like in the old days.

the cats been neutered and now the dog is barking
Putins red line could be anything his tiny mind considers an affront. This is why Biden has had to draw a line in the sand, an attack on a NATO country is ww3. That is very clear, in reality in any civilised society what is going on in Ukraine is unacceptable and must be stopped whatever the price may be imo off course

Caporegime
I'm sorry, but wtaf are you trying to say here? Are you saying that Russians following orders are not murderers ?

If Russians following orders are murderers.

ANY troops anywhere ever killing others by just following orders must be murderers.

You cannot differentiate purely by who is attacking or defending, as both sides will be doing both at some point or other.

Soldato
If Russians following orders are murderers.

ANY troops anywhere ever killing others by just following orders must be murderers.

You cannot differentiate purely by who is attacking or defending, as both sides will be doing both at some point or other.
Who said I did, killing innocent civilians is murder, even killing pows is murder.

So of course they are murderers.

Soldato
Wouldn't have that been easier without invading?

i expect Putin thought the invasion would have done the job but it looks to be going horribly wrong.

Putin is a spiteful old wretch IMO and Zelensky must be on top of his hit list now in bold capital letters, even many many years down the line.

Soldato
i expect Putin thought the invasion would have done the job but it looks to be going horribly wrong.

Putin is a spiteful old wretch IMO and Zelensky must be on top of his hit list now in bold capital letters, even many many years down the line.
Yep, the only solution for Russia going forward is an entire regime change and then build up trust over a few years. Probably accompanied by disarmament.

Caporegime
I don't think its dementia, its just he's thick as **** and will get sucked in to believing utter nonsense.

But it wasn't even relevant to the question he was asked. It just came right out of nowhere, like some random brain fart that he couldn't hold in anymore. He went completely off script. Where are his handlers?

History seems to indicate that there is only one "war crime" of consequence:

Losing

Every war criminal successfully prosecuted, sentenced, and punished for their crimes would disagree with you. And there's been a lot of them.

Soldato
Can't help but think Putin has nothing to lose now, he'll just flatten the place, he will never be seen to lose this war. The damage to the economy has been done so he may as well cut it deeper in Ukraine while the world stands aside. It's not like the world will turn the spending taps back on if he pulls out

Caporegime
Can't help but think Putin has nothing to lose now, he'll just flatten the place, he will never be seen to lose this war. The damage to the economy has been done so he may as well cut it deeper in Ukraine while the world stands aside. It's not like the world will turn the spending taps back on if he pulls out

I think you're right. Which makes it all the more vital that Zelensky does not make any concessions.

Soldato
Who knows, the red lines may change. At some point war crimes/chemical weapons use cannot be ignored.

yes they can be ignored, and probably will be. Putin could start droping barrel bombs full of chlorine gas on Kyiv and Kharkiv and NATO will not deploy. The UN could get stuck in and try to put a peacekeeping force on the ground, but NATO are not going to start running sorties and delpoying their own manpower and hardware into Ukraine unless there is a direct attack on a NATO member. Putin isn't going to even try that as it's farily clear he would get fully rolled by NATO in weeks in a conventional war and he knows that.

Putin's will only pay for his war crimes in the Hague, there won't be any payment collections for this done by NATO forces going into Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom